Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Where's Maddie?

phred...was debbie from the shelter writing to you??? or was it a copy of a letter sent to someone else????? i didn't know if your real name was john?!?!?!?! not phred?!?!?!(i feel a blode joke coming on!!!)....i hope that you get a positive respone....and even better some photos!!!!!!! my heart goes out to dear maddie....i hope that all this upheavel in her life is over once and for all...even though i am sorry that aly didn't get to take her!!!!! sounds like she is in good hands!!!!
    The Deli Dog

I want to Honor All of Our Rainbow Bridge Furkids

Oh Phred! That is great news!!!!!! I thought we would never find out anymore - this is just great and I can't wait if they send any pictures.
    Could it be that Maddie ranked a little higher at the shelter after you and Logan & others called about her? Maybe they thought "hey this dog must be something special for people calling from all over about her". Thank You!

Phred, so glad we'll be kept "in the loop" through you and the nice shelter lady! Wonder if she told those people how many prayers they were answering just by adopting one little dog!

Sue - I'm so sorry. I thought about emailing you but I didn't want to bother you because I thought it might be too much for Killi. I emailed every rescue group under the sun to ask them to go get Maddie for us. But that was before I knew exactly where she was so no one was really willing to help. I'm so sorry I didnt' notify you. Don't blame yourself please! Its a lot more my fault because I knew about it and didn't ask you for help I can't help but think that she would be curled up in my bed right now if I had just acted faster. Oh well, as long as she is safe and happy.

Phred, I was actually going to suggest we contact the shelter to give the new adopters one of our email addresses so we can get in touch with them. Guess you're one step ahead of me. Thanks for posting that.

I am still heartbroken about Maddie and I keep looking at this big dog bed I bought. I agree though that it was fate and I KNOW I'll find another one who may need me more

By the way, I'm taking one of our long time shelter residents through obedience now since I'm already signed up.
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

I am glad to know all you wonderful people! It is amazing how this thing called the internet connects us all like we were just next door!

Aly, You will find the next addition to your house when the timing is right. The Bible tells us that "all things work together for good to those who love the Lord..." Romans 8:28 When things don't always make sense I find myself relying on this promise of God's. He has never let me down so far and I'm sure he has plans for you too that you just can't see yet. Keep up the good fight. You won't regret it in the end.

I'm glad you will be taking obedience classes with the shelter dog. I find obedience work very theraputic!

Phred, thank you so much for posting that e-mail. I felt a huge weight being lifted off of me when I read it. That was the first time that I felt that Maddie would be okay and is in a good home. Oh, I hope the new owners contact Debbie. Woulnd't it be wonderful to have Maddie's new owners as members?

Aly, it seems to really be fate because no one at Pet Talk would have been able to get an e-mail through to me. Karen was able to clear up some type of "technical difficulty" that had me in e-mail limbo. I will now be in contact and at the ready in case I should be of assistance in the future.

Hang in there, Aly, the right dog will come along. I know it will happen.

Sue
    Save a life, ADOPT!!
    Sue

Rainbow Bridge Angels: Thor, Shiloh and Killian, Avalanche and Wolf
    (RB Gaylord and Bandit, fosters who have touched my heart)

Would someone please explain to me exactly what happened with Maddie?? I've missed the whole thing somewhere along the line. I stopped reading the auggie thing for the same reason that liz did, so I obviously lost something in the translation. Sorry for being so ditzy here.

Don't buy while shelter dogs die!!

Mugsy,

I spent 1 hour going thru all the old posts on the
    "where's Auggie" thread only after I saw the "where's
    Maddie" thread. It seems to be very complicated, if
    you can wade through all of those older posts it might
    explain itself a little bit. I just think that Maddie is o.k.
    now and she was the focus of concern. Liz.

hey guys!!! go to pet general!!! visit to dog show....edwinas' secretary ran into a rep from the shelter where maddie was incarcerated....sounds very positive!!!!! we all love maddie and thank edwinas' secretary for all her efforts and continuing follow up!!!
    The Deli Dog

I want to Honor All of Our Rainbow Bridge Furkids

Ok, I give up....where's auggie doesn't exist anymore as far as I can tell, I will be happy to know that Maddie is in a good home now.

Don't buy while shelter dogs die!!

If this works, this is where it starts.

http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthre...5&pagenumber=5

You know, everything happens for a reason. God works in mysterious ways. Maddie was apparently meant to be with this family. I just hope that her new family will check this place out and join and give us an update.

Here's a random thought. What if we start a contact database with Pet Talkers names, city, state and phone numbers to contact in case of a rescue? That way we could be a bit more organized and contact eachother in case of an emergency. Some Pet Talkers do not check the board or e-mail constantly. We will also have a listing of who is willing to help and where they are at.

Just a thought.

Former User Guest
    Originally posted by DoggiesAreTheBest
    Here's a random thought. What if we start a contact database with Pet Talkers names, city, state and phone numbers to contact in case of a rescue? That way we could be a bit more organized and contact eachother in case of an emergency. Some Pet Talkers do not check the board or e-mail constantly. We will also have a listing of who is willing to help and where they are at.

Just a thought.
    That's a very good idea!! Ok, I may not be help living in Europe, but I think you guys should really do a list like that!

Great idea Souraya, I'm game.
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya