Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wow I can't believe I finally got the courage to...

I got mine done for my 40th birthday. I was so scared of the pain that I got my two neices to come with me and hold my hands. The place where I got them done did both ears at the same time and it was really no big deal at all.

I've got a whole wack of earrings to wear, but hardly ever do. I stick in some studs every once in a while to make sure the hole doesn't close up.

So, where's the pictures??
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

Originally posted by popcornbird
    That's great! Earings look sooo lovely. I've had my ears pierced since I was a baby, so I don't remember anything. LOL! Congrats.
    Me too! Its great not to remember it....but if I had to pierce my ears now, I would be so afraid.....so, good for you!!
    Lola, the mutt, 2 years old

Anita, the dachshund, 7 years old

I had mine done in my forties. I told my hubby there was no sense to have pierced ears when I had no diamonds. The only way to protect those earrings is to pierce so they won't fall off and get lost. Well you know what he had to do, he bought me some diamond earrings. I reall wasn't hinting just stalling not to get them pierced. LOL

Well about six months later when I could stall no longer I got them pierced. Only hurts for a second when they punch the hole. I wore the pierced ones until I could take them out. Then I only wore pierced ones sometimes so each time they had to be pushed in to break the skin again. YUCK

The finally grew back and I had to have them pierced again at the beauty salon. So I paid twice. This time they seem to be staying open but I still do not wear earrings all the time. I take them out to shower and forget to put them back in.

I got mine done almost two years ago. It didn't hurt at all. I can't wait to get my belly button done, but I will have to. I plan on getting the belly button, 2 holes in each ear (I have one in each right now) and then a cartilage piercing. Maybe tongue too! Though I think that would be the scariest one for me. I don't think I would ever get too nervous for any, except the tongue. I could go and get myself all worried if I wanted to, but I usually just relax and let it happen.

When we used to get needles in school, I would always try my best to relax and get it over with. My friend however got so nervous, she hated them so much. If you were real tense they hurt FOREVER afterwards, really painful.

-thank you Poppy for the avatar.

R.I.P. Hanson. You will never be forgotten, and we await the day to see you once again. The imprint you left on my heart will never fade - your big beautiful brown eyes, your big soggy kisses...

Awesome!! I just got my ears pierced a couple years ago when I was 13, and I love it! To me, it just felt like staples going into my ears...

Thanks Kay!!

~It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you~ -Batman Begins

Originally posted by NoahsMommy
    YAY!!! Congrats!!

My mom got her's done for the first time at 40!

I got mine done after she was so brave....they closed up, so I had them re-pierced and I fainted in the mall!!

Enjoy! I bet they look great!
    My grandma that has passed has her beat, Kel - she was 65!!!
    She just kept saying "this silly old woman getting holes in her ears"
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

I had mine done when I was 15 - my mom thought pierced ears were dumb ( and in the 70's, ear lobes were ALL we pierced! LOL!) and would have stopped me if she knew.... She used to say 'If God had intended people to have holes in their heads, He would'a put 'em there Himself!"

Mom is EXTREMEMLY conservative and very opinionated (even more so, now that she's 81! LOL)

but I went to the mall with a friend, and paid for it myself - she didn't know. I had long hair, and managed to hide my ears from her for a week or so before she finally noticed. She made alot of comments, like "they're gonna get infected" or "you're going to catch an earring on something and tear your ear!" but she didn't make me take the studs out! I learned fairly quickly that I was allergic to cheap metals and with my sensitive skin, they DID get infected, a number of times over the years (usually from a reaction to the metal in the earrings).

I almost always wear 'wires' or hoops - because if I wear 'button' type earrings, or ones with a large backing, my ears can get a rash again. ( I have REALLY sensitive skin - I can't wear any jewlery tight to my skin, or a watch band tight to my wrist, either - it has to 'breathe' - be a loose band or 'bracelet' type watch)

I did learn, early on, to go back to the original 'studs' periodically, because the posts on those are thicker, and if you use wires or hoops all the time, the hole in your ear gets smaller, and then it streatches and hurts to go back to the large ones or heavier earrings.

I've now had them pierced so long that I don't have to wear earrings all the time, and can actually go for months without wearing them, and the holes don't close.

I don't know if I would do it again - I do like my earrings, and it wasn't that painful ( they used a thing like a staple gun) - But at 45, I certainly don't need to put holes in anything else!

Laura

Thanks, Amanda, for the wonderful siggy and avatar!

Dogs are our link to paradise. They don't know evil or jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing was not boring - it was peace.
    - Milan Kundera

Congrats, Anna! I know it can be a little scary at first, but once it's done with, it done with!! I bet they look great!

Kaitlyn (the human)
    Sadie & Rita (Forever in Our Hearts) (the Labbies)