Well, hi Cassandra, its funny, that is my name as well, I go by cassie though. I can only imagine your pain. My dog has been through cancer twice, being trapped and sent to the pound without us knowing and being badly abused while I could do nothing to stop it. I LOVE my girl dearly, though she no longer lives with me, I see her and talk to my mom about her often. If she was ever stolen/lost, I woukd go to the moon and back to find her. I REALLY HOPE Freckles finds a way back to you, and if someone did steal her, I hope they get an a clue and remember just how happy you and freckles were together. There really isn't any legal way to get the dog back, court would never hold up, but I think maybe getting a friend of famikly member to come with you and go door to door, asking neighbors if they have seen the dog, would be great, not every neighbor pays attention, but most do and most likely would be a great help. U can never feel that same pain, closest I have gotten to it is my mom gave my other dog away while I was out of town...she gave it away Thanksgiving Day 2002, but that is nothing like this, I hope you find a way to Cope, and I SO hope Freckles and you are reunited! Good Luck and never give up!
LA
Cassie and Lilly, you are in our hopes, prayers and wishes