Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ashlee Simpson on SNL

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/wireStory?id=195981

NEW YORK Oct 25, 2004 —

Singer Ashlee Simpson gets another chance to sing live perhaps on national television Monday after walking off "Saturday Night Live" in a does-she-or-doesn't-she lip-synch moment.

Simpson is scheduled to perform in Las Vegas for NBC's "Radio Music Awards," scheduled to be televised at 9 p.m. ET.

Originally posted by aly
    And if you can't sing or dance ... do a hoe-down !!!!!!!!!!
    That was hilarious!!!!!
    I had heard about it, but hadn't seen it yet--thanks for the link!!!

The hoe-down was great--what on earth was she thinking???
    Emily, Kito, Abbey, Riley, and Jada

Whoooooooops... color me wrong. She's now admitted to lip synching because her voice was ragged and tired from overuse. She also said it was wrong of her to blame her band.

She made a statement on her official site, which I can't link right now because my computer is being funky. I'll post the link later on.
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

Originally posted by aly
    And if you can't sing or dance ... do a hoe-down !!!!!!!!!!
    Ha, ha, no joke. That was mesmerizing, in a bad way.

Thanks, Dogz!

"...when does sometimes turn into all the time...." Joe Pisapia

"We all start off as strangers, it's where we end up that counts." Jennifer Beals, Four Rooms

"And I find it kind of funny...I find it kind of sad...The dreams in which I’m dying Are the best I’ve ever had" Tears for Fears, Mad World

"The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that's wrong with the world" Dr Paul Farmer

Originally posted by lizzielou742
    guster girl, she probably would have, but she had already sang "Pieces of Me" earlier on the show.

Miranda, check out the story here.
    Oh, heck, yeah, that would have been bad! Ha, I didn't know she'd already done that song. Oh, well, at least she apologized for blaming it on her band. That's the main thing I had a problem with.

Thanks, Dogz!

"We all start off as strangers, it's where we end up that counts." Jennifer Beals, Four Rooms

"And I find it kind of funny...I find it kind of sad...The dreams in which I’m dying Are the best I’ve ever had" Tears for Fears, Mad World

"The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that's wrong with the world" Dr Paul Farmer

Originally posted by Miranda_Rae
    The link didn't work for me, and I am kind of clueless on what happened. I take it that she was lip singing?
    It wouldn't work for me earlier, but, it does now. YOu might wanna try it again, if you haven't already!

Thanks, Dogz!

Its terrible that she blamed her band. I thought it was horrible for her to just walk off stage, leaving her band. She should of just said "wronge song band" and do the right one. Not act like a lip singing fool and do a hoe down.