Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Movie-goer dies of apparent heart attack watching ''Passion'' film

Originally posted by Denyce
    My husband and I are not even remotely interested in seeing this movie.
    Same here.
    `````````````````````````
    I love my furkid Neko!

^TAMA^ 8/24/00 - 4/27/12 Thank you for being in my life I love you always and forever

Originally posted by Karen
    It just makes me wonder how many other people have heart attacks at the movies every year that we never hear about. Sad for the woman and her family.
    I thought the same thing Karen. I wondered how many times someone may have died during a comedy and such and it probably would never make the news.

The violence in it doesn't bother me, I just chose not to see it for other reasons.
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

that is sad I dont plan to see the movie but it has been getting a TON of raving reveiws over here. they even had a booth set up just for the movie at the galaxy, and people who want to see it have to book tickets fast in advance because its selling out fast.
    Shayna
    Mom to:
    Misty-10 year old BC Happy-12 year old BC Electra-6 year old Toller Rusty- 9 year old JRT X Gem and Gypsy- 10 month ACD X's Toivo-8 year old pearl 'Tiel Marley- 3 year old whiteface Cinnamon pearl 'Tiel Jenny- the rescue bunny Peepers the Dwarf Hotot Miami- T. Marcianus

"sister" to:

Perky-13 year old mix Ripley-11 year old mix

and the Prairie Clan Gerbils

I am wondering why people are so surprised and angry... did they think crucifixion was a cake walk? It was bloody, gory, painful, absolutely cruel. I don't know when or why the Catholic/Christian faith decided to turn the image of the cross into an icon, as for hundreds of years, people viewed the image of a cross as a horror - the way we'd think about the electric chair... will people be walking around with little gold chairs in two thousand years? (Ok, so electric chair isn't the perfect similie, but you get the point.)

I also agree with Richard, we see so much gratuitous violence in movies today... why does everyone get dso enraged when we attach that violence to an actual fact? Take Save Private Ryan - people walked out of the theater in droves and demanded their money back "because it was too violent" Well, folks, what did you think war was? Did you think they sat on the beach and played patty-cake? Its the same thing with this movie, and I applaud Mel Gibson for being brave enough to portray it in a realistic light instead of the "watered down" version people prefer to live with.

As for the woman who died of a heart attack, it truly is a sad story. I hope that she is in a happy place, walking hand in hand with those she loved and lost.

Originally posted by catnapper
    I don't know when or why the Catholic/Christian faith decided to turn the image of the cross into an icon, as for hundreds of years, people viewed the image of a cross as a horror - the way we'd think about the electric chair... will people be walking around with little gold chairs in two thousand years? (Ok, so electric chair isn't the perfect similie, but you get the point.)

Not to turn this into a slam against religion....

The local talk show tossed that around.
    What if Jesus had been run over by a cart? or was hung?
    Drown or ????

Something about suffering and catholocism that people can't separate..
    The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all -
    Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I laugh, therefore? I am.

No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.

Originally posted by RICHARD

Something about suffering and catholocism that people can't separate..
    Ahhh, don't forget the guilt!

GUILT????

Funny I always thought you were given a shot for that when you were born..
    The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all -
    Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I laugh, therefore? I am.

No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.

Thats so weird! So many people are dieing at movies! I heard at the silver city near my house they found a dead guy on the roof who watched the movie!
    ~*~green_chameleon_girl~*~
    R.I.P Rex
    - _HeAtHer_-

Thanks MANDAMOO!!!!

She probably had a lot of risk factors to have a heart attack, and it happened to come on her when she was particularly emotionally involved in the movie. It is sad, but when you think of the millions of people going to millions of theaters every day, I'm sure it does happen elsewhere. This is only in the press because of the subject content, I'm pretty sure.

As for myself, I won't be going to see it.. I'm way too sensitive and upset by such things. Braveheart was also a great movie, but I felt physically ill after watching it and disturbed for days after seeing it. I think I understand how horrible it is without a Hollywood depiction to traumatize over. That's just how I am though.
    Mom to Raven and Rudy the greyhound

Missing always: Tasha & Tommy, at the Rainbow Bridge

I saw it last night...

I was warned by my boss that it was "gory" and it was extremely graphic. If anything, I think it still toned it down a little, for one thing, he wasn't wearing any clothes on the cross (correct me if I am wrong, I am a bit rusty on the final details).

But, it's not just the explicit violence of this movie that would offend sensitivities, but for the non-relgious they would object to the glaringly obvious religions overtones and for the religious who object it would because its a) the wrong religion b) they don't want to be reminded that Jesus is the point of it all, not money and power or c) they would like to forget about the true extent of Jesus' suffering. Point c) is not necessarily a bad thing, by the way, all the Christians I saw the movie with were openly weeping and I myself will admit to tears in my eyes (its hard not to - I was raised a Christian and knew who Jesus was before anyone told me - though I used to call him "Cheesus!").

Religious or not, it was a movie with a clear message. Here is what Jesus did. Take it or leave it.

Those of you with children should definitely leave them at home for this one unless they are old enough to understand the film without letting it terrify or disgust them.

Mum to two little humans, a very vocal 14 year old Ragdoll, and a super energetic and snuggly rescue kitten.

RIP Nibbler, joined the Bridge 12 May 2007.
    RIP Pixel, joined the Bridge 24 November 2017.