Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I have an interesting dilemma & could use advice, prayers and/or encouragement

Still waiting to hear from the gal.

micki76 - I'm terrible about pictures. Everytime I think I have a good photo opportunity, the camera is in the house or in the other room and by the time I get back with it - they have quit doing whatever is so "doggone" cute. Then when Max and Muffin hear the camera, they charge it. "ME, ME, ME - TAKE A PICTURE OF ME, MOM!!" and I can't get everyone in the shot.

Yikes! Talked to her. I'm going over tonight to see him again and may be taking him home tonight. Will let you know.

Do know that he's a neutered male just a little under a year old. Very mild temperament.

Every Bichon I've met has been very sweet. My cousin's came to my uncle(her dad)'s funeral, with a somber grey bow, and was very well-behaved through the whole thing. It was only back at the house that he went puppy-wild!

He couldn't be any wilder than the two littlest ones are. They race around madly and roll one another. Then they are up and off again. They wrestle and make a lot of noise. Occasionally, we have little nips (working on that); but all in all they have a great time.

robinh,

Well, if you have the space & time for another dog & there
    are no city ordinances( as to a certain number of dogs), it sounds
    like he would be a great "little" addition to the family. LOL.
    Fostering this dog till he finds his forever home would also be
    a wonderful thing to do. You & your husband have very kind
    hearts to help the little guy out.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Dick knows fostering isn't really an option. Once I get 'em - they are there for the duration. He knows that about me. He's the same way.

Once we give 'em our hearts - we'll do our darndest to make it work. If the pup has problems, we work with them. An adoption is a lifetime commitment to us. Out of all of ours Carly was our worst. We almost gave up so many times; but we both kept saying "There has to be a way to get through to her". Not sure if she was testing us or what, but one day she got it and she's been one of the best since then.

Well, Kirby came to our house last night. Too busy an evening to get pictures, but I'll get some this weekend. He is a character. I don't know why she said he was a calm dog, cause he sure wasn't at our house. There is way too much to do and to see and to play with and wow, he was so excited. All in all it went very well. We do have some issues to work on but nothing critical. He's not used to other dogs, so he's not sure how to play nice and that'll work out.

The one thing that drives me CRAZY - HE STICKS HIS FEET IN THE WATER DISH AND PAWS. It's such a simple, dumb thing, but it's making me nuts. I have water everywhere. Any suggestions?

Taggert did that for awhile. I don't know if they think they are branding the bowl as theirs and then no other will drink out of it or what. We would yell at him when he did it but I can't say that is what made him stop (although he still does it sometimes if his feet are muddy or he is at the dog park). He did just stop.

"That they may have a little peace, even the best
    dogs are compelled to snarl occasionally."
    --William Feather

Originally posted by robinh
    The one thing that drives me CRAZY - HE STICKS HIS FEET IN THE WATER DISH AND PAWS. It's such a simple, dumb thing, but it's making me nuts. I have water everywhere. Any suggestions?
    That’s weird! No advice here, though we have water issues, too. Aneko has maybe 3 teeth and so she eats wet food. Then when she drinks, she get food ALL in the water. My other two are very weird about drinking after her, so I have several water bowls set up around the house so that (hopefully) they can find one that she hadn’t had her dirty face in.

Also, most of the water she *tries* to drink just dribbles back out on the floor. YUCK!

Wondering, does he do this while he's drinking, or just for the heck of it?

Think it may be a marking thing. Once he does it, all the rest of them look at me with a look that whines " Mom, the water's yucky! Kirby put his feet in it! Get clean fresh water, we're thirsty!" All the while he's standing there with wet feet and smiling.

That sounds like the perfect picture opportunity, if ever I
    heard of one.

Par...

.................................................. .................................................. ..... Nothin' Butt Dogs............ Free Dog eCards

Originally posted by robinh
    HE STICKS HIS FEET IN THE WATER DISH AND PAWS.
    Roxey did this when she was a puppy & every now & then...but I'm not quite sure why Sorry I can't be of any help.

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

Well, here are a couple pictures of the little darling.

Here is Kirby and Muffin wrestling over a toy.

Here he is coming up over a pillow.

He he he. What a cutie! Looks like he's fitting in nicely, playing with toys and Muffin.

AWWWW!

He's so cute!

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets