Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Oh, nice little earthquake/jolt in L.A.

Yup heard about you alls Quake.. Hey even Texas got a 3.3 scale of a Quake on Saturday morning.. The town is about a 1 hr from me.. So glad everyone is ok..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

Yeah, I just read about it too.
    A friend of mine is in CA for meetings so I guess she probably got the crap scared out of her. Being from FL. we don't get the shakes here.... just HURRICANES (and I thought I heard the weather man yesterday comment on how we have an organized depression approaching from the coast of Africa.....) oh boy, we start early this year!

3. My First Earthquake

There have been a few littles ones since we moved here -- but I missed those either out of town or something.

I was getting things together for the morning when I heard a noise and then the slats on the planation shutters began to chatter - as if someone was opening and closing them quickly.

That was it. My husband called up to me to say..."That was an earthquake."

It was originally called at 5.0 but has since been "downsized." I live about 50 miles south of the epicenter.

Does this make it official?

I think the E's should consider donning hard hats!
    When the big one hit here in 89, I walked the two miles to my home in SF. Everything was on the floor. Book cases knocked over, front door fully opened. Dishes everywhere. Of course my first concern was my cats. When I saw the open door I nearly had my SECOND heart attack of the day. Well, clearly my boys were native Californians as they were safely tucked away under the dining room table! Talk about duck and cover.
    That being said, I'm a native New Yorker and I'll take the occassional jolt over hurricanes, floods, snow and other acts of Mother Nature not to mention the man made disasters...garbage strikes, elevator repair strikes, taxi strikes etc
    Claudia

Quote Originally Posted by gini View Post

Phred, if God is sending us messages here on the left coast,
    then HE has been doing it for a long time (and we still don't get it!).

We have had earthquakes and fires every single year.

We sit on two fault lines that are moving past each other
    and we have been building in areas that we should not
    because of the tinder dry brush during drought years.
    Sorta seems like nunbuddie *gets* those Divine messages, huh?

I sure hope you all in california keep safe, earthquakes are scarey, we in NZ are on the earthquake belt too, we had one in Wellington of about the same magnitude last week, luckily it is around 8 hrs away from me, and i like it that way,keep safe everyone.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️