Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Big Move

Thank you everybody. And another thing, the house we are living in now has already been allocated to someone else - I don't know what happens there!
    Nicole, Mini, Jasmine, Pickles, Tabasco, Schnaggles and Buffy

Nicole,

I'm so sorry for the Navy screw up. But remember that things happen for a reason. I know that's no consolation. Did you ask the Navy if they itend to put you up somewhere since they gave your housing away??? It's the least they can do for such an inconvenience.

Hang in there sweetie. I know things look bleak now, but they will work out, I promise you!

Hugs,

Donna and furkids

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Oh my! How awful. Moving is hard enough. Not knowing when you move must be extremely frustrating. I'm so sorry. Hopefully it will all work out..maybe even better than before.

Tiff and the ever expanding krewe
    Scout, Gigi, & Bixby -the kitties
    Rory, Lola, Jax, Max, & Lulu -the ferrets

4. Nicole,

So sorry! Sounds like a typical bureaucratic snafu. Try to think of it as "dining out" stories you can share (after you get settled.)

What a pain in the butt! Of course, since it isn't affecting the Navy, they don't see it as the huge issue it is for you! I wonder if they will put you up someplace temporarily, if you need to move cause your place is "allocated" to someone else...maybe they just push them back too?

I hope you all can settle back down, for a little bit, so that the next time to move won't seem so overwhelming.

You sure have two beautiful siameses kitties to keep you company, though, don't you?

Originally posted by Cataholic
    You sure have two beautiful siameses kitties to keep you company, though, don't you?
    Yes I do! They are currently out enjoying an expected day in the courtyard because mummy is home today.

Thank you everybody. You're right, we'll get through it. We don't receive any updates until we fill all the paperwork out again, so we'll get that done this week and see what happens.

I might trot to the unemployment office today because they do a program where you re-establish bushland and plant trees. Sounds like a productive use of my time

Miss Meow, I know the commute might be a little much, but my yard could use some new shrubs and trees!

Hang in there, at least the PT connection won't be broken yet, right?

Originally posted by Cataholic
    Miss Meow, I know the commute might be a little much, but my yard could use some new shrubs and trees!

Hang in there, at least the PT connection won't be broken yet, right?
    My own house plants were transported weeks ago as a friend was driving to Melbourne and we piled up his car with our plants! But these new trees, well, one for them, one for you - easy! PT connection is still here, by my home dial-up is soooooo slow ... what did we ever do without the internet!

OOMMGGG!!!

Nicole are you sitting in your back door with your kitties wondering what will happen next?

It is supposed do you have to live with all your goods packed up till the bureaucrates decides where and when they will replace you?

Nicole,you better laugh at the whole situation, and take it with humor, every thing sound so weird and surrealistic!

The best of luck on your issue (and vent if you feel like. )

Anna

I think Anna is right, Nicole. It's either smile and give in to the terrible situation that's been forced upon you, or just break down and cry. I think smiling is a better option. Just look at it as an adventure!!!! Surely the Navy won't leave you homeless!! If they do, come to the US and South Carolina. I have extra beds and would love to have Jasmin and Mini right here, along with you!!!

Thank you Anna and Logan :-)

I am starting to see the funny side of this. The removalists don't move food so we've been eating everything in the house and our cupboards are bare. Now we are staying longer this has created a minor challenge in the kitchen. This is what we have:

Cupboards:
    - bag of flour
    - popcorn
    - sweet chilli sauce
    - soy sauce
    - Tabasco sauce
    - sugar
    - half a packet of pasta

Fridge:
    - orange juice
    - cat meat
    - olives stuffed with anchovies (yummmmm)
    - cracked bottle of mineral water in freezer compartment that has stuck to ice

Freezer:
    - half a tub of ice cream
    - lumpy frozen things from a prehistoric era

Recipes using these ingredients anyone

Must go to supermarket ...
    Nicole, Mini, Jasmine, Pickles, Tabasco, Schnaggles and Buffy

Don't tell my mom, but....I have eaten popcorn for dinner many a times! In fact, last night I ate chex mix..home made of course (the Americans probably know what this is, but for the rest of the world...it is a snack you bake, made from cereals, pretzels, nuts, butter and some spices).

So, take the popcorn, pop it, and add the chili mix! That is sooo fall like...corn and chili? Then, for breakfast, well, orange juice might be it!

Then, an alternative to the popcorn dinner above? Pasta, butter and anchovies!

Chex mix mails really well, so, if need be, I will make you up a batch and send it to you!!

Oh how annoying!

I'm so sorry your plans were disrupted like this. Will you still be moving to the same area at least?
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

14. Don't tell my mom, but....I have eaten popcorn for dinner many a times!
    You mean popcorn for dinner is abnormal????? Until I met my husband a few years ago the only two dinners I knew how to make were popcorn and spaghetti with no sauce.

He loves to tell people that he almost stopped dating me when he saw my frig. Ah but....I sure was skinny then!

the only two dinners I knew how to make were popcorn and spaghetti with no sauce.

Melted butter counts as a sauce, doesn't it??