Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Our First House!

Oh sweet, sweet Leslie! I couldn't be happier for you! The house is LOVELY, just perfect for you, Dan and the "kids!" And what are those silly RE people thinking??? OF COURSE it has to get a "paws up" from the kids! That pic. of them peeking under the fence is precious! I wish you all the luck in the world! How exciting. I remember how excited I was when we bought our first house. I wish you great happiness in your beautiful home! And as usual, hugs and kisses to Graham and Kersey!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Leslie, I like looking at pictures of houses and yours is just too cute...I love that style and I'm jealous...you have a fireplace.

Don't buy while shelter dogs die!!

3. I remember how I felt when I bought my first house (I was single at the time.) I would sit there and look at the front door and think...."That's mine!" What a feeling.

Congratulations! Your house is adorable. So cozy looking with a storybook, enchanted forest feel.

Congratulations and bestest wishes for your whole family in your new place! Is the place next door available too?
    "Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened" - Anatole France

Thank you SOOOOO much for the truly wonderful things you all had to say As it gets closer to the date I find myself getting more and more excited. There is alot that we have planned to do, but the only major thing is to remodel the kitchen. There is a lot of painting to do, and new window treatments and stuff to make it feel "ours". I just can't wait to get my hands on the landscaping! It's really overgrown but it has such good potential and I simply adore gardening!

I have an album that I have created, and I am going to use it as my journal. Unfortunately I completely forgot to take my camera with me when I went into the basement so I don't have pics of it, but I have pleanty of every other room The basement is really neat. It's been recentlly finished and it's got some neat rooms in it. Upon our last walk-through before closing, I am going to take my camera and take some shots of the basement. I'll add them to my album/journal.

It's an old house (built in 1942), and it's not huge, but it has a bunch of character and charm. We met both sets of neighboors on either side of us and they are both absolutely wonderful! The couple on the right of us have a golden retriever puppy named Sophie, and the lady on the right is in her early 60's I think, and sweet as pie. Last Sunday they had their annual block party but unfortunately we missed it. If only they held off for a few more weeks we could have gone and met all the neighboors

If anyone cares to see the album, here it is. It may bore you, I am sure not everyone likes looking at pics of houses, but if you do, please take a look.

Our House

Your house is just adorable!! Love the built ins, but I have a question. In the master bedroom in that built in area, what is that??? Is it a TV??

I am totally jealous.

Don't buy while shelter dogs die!!

COOL!

How many bedrooms, baths, etc?

Originally posted by mugsy
    Your house is just adorable!! Love the built ins, but I have a question. In the master bedroom in that built in area, what is that??? Is it a TV??

I am totally jealous.
    It is a T.V. but it is the sellers' and they are taking it away. It fits really nicely in that built in space, but it's pretty old looking. I would be surprised if it even works. Thanks for the comments I am thrilled to pieces You can come over anytime, but I don't know if it'll fit 15 doggies It's not quite that big

Re: COOL!

Originally posted by Freckles
    How many bedrooms, baths, etc?
    3 bedrooms, 2 on the main floor and the master bedroom is upstairs. I am turning the baby room into my computer room and Dan is taking the basement as his office.

2 full baths (which we really prefered but had a hard time finding, as everything in our price range was either 1 or 1.5 baths). It was a neat bonus. The bathroom pictured is on the main floor, while the other one is in the basement.

what a great house!! congrats!

I am so jelouse! That baby room is cute! Your house is so cute! I just love it! I bet the dogs liek it to. You must be so exited,, goodness I am exited for you! LOL
    Dogs: Nova, Konnor and Sitka

Leslie, I could not be happier for you and Dan, and of course, Graham and Kersey, who will have a wonderful time playing in the fenced backyard!!! I remember the thrill of buying this house, after my divorce (many years after my divorce, actually). Sometimes I have to pinch myself and say "it's mine".

Congratulations on your beautiful new home!!!

AHGHGHGHG NOW I AM TOTALLY JEALOUS!!!
    I AM SUCH A HUGE SUCKER FOR OLDER HOUSES!!!
    I am so excited for you!! I just loved the pictures everything looks just soooo perfect!!! And I know the pupsters are gonna have a blast in their very own backyard!!! YAY!!!
    [CENTER]

Alden is here!!
    7/6/2006 - 9 pounds 9 ounces 22 inches

Tinky

It is just Great Leslie!!
    How Wonderful!
    I know you and the furkidz are going to love being there! And with a golden retriever puppy next door Kersey will definatley have a playmate when Graham gets tired!!!
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

Leslie, you have a real find with this house. I am so happy and excited for you. The house is absolutely charming and appears to be in great condition, well cared for. The back yard has so much potential and how nice for Graham and Kersey to have their very own space. How far is this from your Mom's place?
    *Until one has loved an animal, a part of ones soul remains unawakened.* Anatole France