Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How Rude!

Originally posted by KYS
    To Slave of 15 Dogs,I would not want to bet on odds, who my husband
    would save in an emergency. It would probably
    be pepper before me. heheh
    I'm sorry to be laughing at this post when it really does point out some good points (about providing for our pets) and also the fact that we all have to deal with rude people on a day to day basis.

What made me smile about KYS's comment was that I have had similar thoughts that she expressed. One day 6 years ago my family and I came home to find my Whitney dead on the couch of an apparent heart attack. We all cried our eyes out for days. After a few weeks went by I said to a friend "if I should pre-decease my husband and he cried half as much for me as he did for Whitney I would be flattered!" (of course I wouldn't know it though!)

Sorry Anna that you had to go through this, some people are just plain ignorant.

I've been told all the things that some of the others pointed out, that I need help, that I will never find a husband, than pets are not human beings so they don't understand why they mean so much to me. Usually I reply that I have the help of my pets and that's enough, that I could not even contemplate a husband that would not love pets as much as I do (I know Mike there are people like you around, it's just not easy to find them ) and to the answer to the third point is that animals are often better than human beings.

I have an agreement with one of my sisters, if something happened to one of us the other would take the other's pets in. Since apart from my sisters I don't have kids or nephews and nieces what I have is going to go to animal charities provided they agree to take good care of my pets. If not I will come back and haunt them

Originally posted by Gio
    some people are just plain ignorant.

I've been told all the things that some of the others pointed out, that I need help, that I will never find a husband, than pets are not human beings so they don't understand why they mean so much to me.

I have an agreement with one of my sisters, if something happened to one of us the other would take the other's pets in. Since apart from my sisters I don't have kids or nephews and nieces what I have is going to go to animal charities provided they agree to take good care of my pets. If not I will come back and haunt them
    You are right Gio, people are ignorant!
    I can't believe that people would say the things that they say to you or Logan, that's just crazy!
    And I love that you say you will come back and haunt them!!!!!!!!

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

Anna, the way you were treated was totally despicable--too bad you can't lodge a complaint with anyone, since the woman was her own boss. Argh!

But there's also a subtext here that I hope nobody gets offended by....I've definitely noticed that the people who choose to have animals rather than "real kids" are really getting looked down upon and belittled in this baby-crazy society. I hate this attitude DH and I get, at 35 years old, that we'll "grow up" soon and want to have children, and that our dogs somehow don't count as living beings to care for. Right. Those of us who choose NOT to have children deal with so much nastiness cloaked as humor, as if we are some kind of threat to others because we're "weird," we're "dog freaks," we're "animal radicals," whatever. (All of those names are what we've actually been called on various occasions. I can't imagine what Mugsy and Mike, with 15 dogs, must have to hear and put up with!)

I know there are lots of childless or childfree folks (like myself) on PetTalk, Anna, who totally support what you've done and don't find it laughable at all. Stand up proudly as one of those who doesn't look at dogs or other animals as if they're just "stuff" you "own."

The hairy kids' photo album

Animals share with us the privilege of having a soul.
    -Pythagoras

You know what? If I'm a "Dog Freak" that's ok with me!!!!!

Originally posted by Logan
    I will never get a husband with all of these animals
    Like that's some kind of end-all and be-all!

Originally posted by Logan
    I've been laughed at, called "Mother Earth", told I will never get a husband with all of these animals

sometimes, that is not such a bad thing! hehehe

But no, really. I think finding a husband that loves animals the same way you do is what is going to work.
    I thought the days of women having to 'mold' themselves for the sake of finding a man was over................................

Originally posted by Slave of 15 Dogs
    As far as not finding a husband ..... or a friend for that matter. There are some of us (men) that care for animals more than we are willing to express (not manly you know), but we are out there.
    Here! Here! *cheers*

When Michael and I parted I worried about finding a guy that would like Kia and she, him.

I didn't have to really look too far. I knew Andy liked Kia but sometimes worried if he put up with her just for my sake.... how wrong I was....

During our walk in the woods last Friday, Andy and I were silent, taking in the scenery, he walking Kia, when he turned to me and said, "I thank God I found you, and I got the greatest dog in the world with the package deal."

And the fact that his parents openly adore Kia and love to watch her is one heck of a bonus!
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

Anna, I hope the woman goes out of buisness. That was just wrong and so unprofessional. I would of likely walked out and gone elsewhere.

Originally posted by kobieeli
    I know there are lots of childless or childfree folks (like myself) on PetTalk, Anna, who totally support what you've done and don't find it laughable at all. Stand up proudly as one of those who doesn't look at dogs or other animals as if they're just "stuff" you "own."
    I agree. I do want children some day but may not be able too. Sure there is always adoption but I don't mind surrounding myself with animals. They are like children to me.

And what kobieeli said brings up another good point. If I am blessed with a child some day, there is NO WAY I am getting rid of Kia. Nor will she be banished outside. Nope. Ain't gonna happen. I will bend over backwards to get Kia ready for the baby's arrival.

*gets off the soap box*
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

Re: How Rude!

Originally posted by anna_66
    I swear! I just don't understand people sometimes!
    Yesterday we went to get the Durable Power of Attorney for Pet Care notarized, and you should have seen the way they acted!

Anna what is this exactly, I haven't hear dof that hear in the UK as the lews etc are different, i would be gratefull if you could enlighten me a little

Heather, it gives someone (whoever you decide) the power to take care of your animals. We have an account set up for the dogs and if anything were to happen to us, that money is used for the dogs care. They can either keep the dogs (which Marks nephew and fiance will do) or find suitable homes for them.
    That way, you know what will happen to your pets if you die or are not able to care for them anymore. Did I explain that good enough?

Logan - I was told the same thing "You'll never find a husband having all those cats". I just smile and say "Why Do you Think I have Them

Yes Anna thanks, it was very clear. Personally I think it was a very good idea on you and your husbands part. I would want to know that my pets where well cared for if anything happened to me to.

Well done!

Ps, some people think that I am mad to for caring for my rabbits and cat sthe way I do, my answer to that is - most people spend there money on alcohol etc or other hobbies, this is my hobby so leave me alone.

Purrley - Nice one! LOL!

I've always been told I was nuts because of my love for animals, except by my family. And hey, my husband is alergic to animals, but when one is need, he is the man! And as for the gang we have, he loves each and every one of them and will do anything he can for them. People call us crazy, but we are happy, so what's it to them?

I think you and your husband have a good idea, and should find a way to make it work. Once you do, take the paperwork back to the woman and show her that she is the crazy one!
    My pets are usually pleased with what I do, because they are not inflected with the concept of what I SHOULD be doing. My time is owned by: Missie,Thor, and Trinity!

Oh, she signed it and all, just laughing all the while. Anyway, it's all taken care of despite her consending laugh!