Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Found 7 stray puppies

Aren't they sweet! Bless you for helping them, Sumbirdy!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Good news! The shelter called back and I am now the foster parent for the puppies. I just sent pictures off to them so they can put them on their website and in their paper. They will provide food, vet care, etc...
    Also, we found a home for one of them (Chaos). My mother has a man that comes by about once a month to deliver medical supplies and he had his girlfriend with him today. She held the puppy and fell in love with him. So now it is 6 little puppies. The funny thing is dad was out talking to them and giving them the puppy while I was uploading the pictures in an email to the shelter. So I had to go back and delete Chaos' picture off of it. Nathan already misses him.

This is wonderful news. I hope that the other puppies will also find great homes quickly too.

Thank goodness you have some help with the puppies.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Can you post the phone number or website for the shelter; I would gladly make a contribution for the care of these pups. You and the shelter are so wonderful for helping them!

Their website is www.arkofmccurtaincounty.org Thank you so much! I'm sure they will appreciate it! I'm not sure if they have their pics up yet or not. They are supposed to soon though. Although this shelter provides low cost spaying and neutering and we are getting our 5 month old pup, Sally, spayed October 8th for just $35!

Quote Originally Posted by sumbirdy View Post
    Their website is www.arkofmccurtaincounty.org Thank you so much! I'm sure they will appreciate it! I'm not sure if they have their pics up yet or not. They are supposed to soon though. Although this shelter provides low cost spaying and neutering and we are getting our 5 month old pup, Sally, spayed October 8th for just $35!
    They have a nice website! Can you call them and ask for a code word that we could all use with donations that will spell out that they are for your pups. That way, anyone who wants to donate can specify where it should go.

MoonandBean-She said to make this note "watson puppy expenses-Glena is coaching". She also said if you are using the new donate online program (?) then I can give her your name and she can have it pulled for use on these puppies.

OK; I'll do it now and I'll private message you.

How are the pups doing?

They are great! A lot fatter and not nearly as scared as when we first got them (Cosmo and Biscuit though are still works in progress, I've got them to the point where they wag their tails when they see me but they still won't come to me like the other pups do). I think a couple of them are going to have pointy ears. Cosmo has one ear that goes halfway up and then droops at the tip. It looks like he always has a question. lol. We just picked up 100 pounds of dogfood for them today that was donated to them and now I'm waiting for a call back regarding their shots. Hopefully they will all find homes soon. Although I really don't want to see them go, but I just can't keep them. I have the room for 6 little puppies but probably not for 6 grown dogs! I love finding out their personalities. Jack is an "old soul". He's content to lay around with the big dogs, sleep in the sun. When he walks it's a lazy walk, no hurry to get anywhere (unless of course it's mealtime!) Max and Rusty are snugglers. They are always wanting to be picked up and held and petted and are just fine going to sleep in someone's arms. When they see me they are they first ones there, paws up on my legs. Barney is the feisty one. He loves to play! He loves to chew! He loves to pull! Bite! Drag! Bark! Run in circles! He's always going, going, going. And then Cosmo and Biscuit are still shy, but very sweet. They're always happy to see you but don't really like to be picked up, although they will tolerate petting if still on the ground. Although I'm sure that they will warm up eventually. I just don't want to rush it on them.

Bless you for rescuing these sweet little ones, your an angel!

I'm very glad to hear that your getting help with taking care of them, I can't imagine trying to vet and feed them all. It's great to hear that one of them has already found a forever home! I hope the rest do soon.

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

Thanks for the great pupdate...

The puppies had their shots, flea treatment and de-wormer today. They should be getting neutered in early October, but the details are still being worked out. They are up on the ARK's website www.arkofmccurtaincounty.org so hopefully they will be finding homes soon!

Awww....they are so cute!!