View Poll Results: Do you wear stained clothing?

Voters
61. You may not vote on this poll
  • NEVER, how tacky!

9 14.75%
  • Yes, what's the big deal?

26 42.62%
  • I try not to, but some times ya just have to!

26 42.62%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Stained Clothes .... To Wear or Not To Wear?

Oh, one other thing to try, is to take a normal bar of soap - white of course, or some uncoloured dishwashing liquid and wipe it into the cloth immediately. I promise it works! Even on red wine.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

The only piece of clothing I can recall gettig stained was a favorite sweatshirt of mine. Some kind of grease got on it and no matter what I tried, I couldn't get the stain out.

I wore it a few times but I'd see the stain and it just annoyed me, so I threw it out.
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

Nope, never. I am too self concious.

I won't throw it out, but I won't wear it. If I do, it'd be for pajamas, but I wouldn't change into them until right before I get into bed.

"Did you ever notice when you blow in a dog's face he gets mad at you?
    But when you take him in a car he sticks his head out the window." -- Steve Bluestone

If it's a small spot I don't mind to much. I doubt anyone else is paying enough attention to what I'm wearing to notice or care. Plus, no matter how hard I try, I usually have some dog/cat hair on my clothes anyway!

Quote Originally Posted by ramanth
    The only piece of clothing I can recall gettig stained was a favorite sweatshirt of mine. Some kind of grease got on it and no matter what I tried, I couldn't get the stain out.

I wore it a few times but I'd see the stain and it just annoyed me, so I threw it out.
    You've only stained on piece of clothing??????? Every single time I eat I drop something on me! I know it's because I have such a small mouth!

Quote Originally Posted by finn's mom
    I won't wear stained stuff out and about. I don't usually wear stained stuff at home, either, but, I will if I'm doing something dirty (like painting or bathing the dogs or something). I didn't vote, because I don't necessarily think it's tacky to wear something with a stain on it, just not something I do personally.
    That was what I was going to answer.

It depends on how badly stained the article of clothing is lol

Around the house... sure, yeah, who cares!! One of my favorite hoodies has a big bleach spot on the front LOL I even wear it in public, I don't care.

facebook

I can't eat anything without dribbling! I finally bought an adult bib

My slightly stained clothes are worn around the house. When they get really bad, I wear them to paint or do dirty jobs.

I'm pretty good at stain removal too. I usually can get stains out with Joy diswashing liquid. I used Outright Simple Solution on a spread last weekend and it did a great job. (I bought it used and the stains looked like pet urine or vomit)

I'll have to get a can of that hand cleaner. I'm always buying my clothes from the thrift stores and finding a spot later.

If I'm just doing house work then I don't care if what I'm wearing has a stain. I try not to wear stained clothes out of the house though.
    - Kari
    skin kids- Nathan, Topher, & Lilla

Kblaix, Thank-You for that Wonderful Signiture!!!!!!!!!!

Stains?

Well, I have a special drawer that holds "work clothes", talk about stains!!!! They are beyond help!!! I wear some of the most ridiculous clothing when I am working outside, or, painting inside, or, bathing a dog , etc.

However, , Today, I spilled some coffee on a nice knit sweater!!!!!

That is a different story!!!! I soak these kind of clothing articles in Color Safe Bleach, and of course, I pray!!!!

No, I would not continue wearing it.I have enough at home type clothes
    that I wouldn't miss it. I always try to remove a stain when it happens so
    it doesn't become permanent.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

When I'm staying home, I wear my stained clothes. I usually get stains on my clothes outside of the home, so I am stuck wearing them till I get back.

AMADEUS AUGUSTUS SEBASTIAN THEODORE

well you said be honest, so i will stained clothing is a particular pet peeve of mine, i absolutely hate seeing anyone wearing stained clothing, so obviously i would never ever do that, infact if i get a small stain, off it comes straight away into the napisan for a soak, i don't even like stains on children's clothing, but of course understand that,but yep if my kids stained their stuff off it came, i know a devil for punishment, consquently i do lots and lots of laundry.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Quote Originally Posted by catnapper
    I have a "built-in shelf" that tends to collect anything I'm eating or drinking. All my stains are right on that shelf, and not below LOL

Yeah, I wear clothes with stains. I have gotten very good at stain removal though

I have this same problem!!! The Tide pen is a remarkable invention for this problem!!!

San Francisco, CA, where life is happy and gay!
    Quote Originally Posted by catnapper
    I have a "built-in shelf" that tends to collect anything I'm eating or drinking. All my stains are right on that shelf, and not below LOL
    I guess I'm not alone here. When it happens, I usually say "with a target like that how could I miss?:

Little Ms. Mitzi Mitts
    Our Photo Albums are
    Here and Here
    In memory of my beloved fur children, Goldie, Mishi and Mitzi.
    Rest in peace and play hard at the Rainbow Bridge.
    Goldie: 9/5/88 - 4/10/03
    Mishi: with us from 5/5/03 - 7/13/07
    Mitzi: with us from 4/19/03 - 1/23/10