Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Update On Bailey - GREAT News! *Updated Jan 28th*

This brought tears to my eyes. You know how much I love Bailey. I'm so sorry you are going through all of this.

Thank you Kay for the beautiful sig!

"We can judge the heart of man by his treatment of animals"

~Find the seed at the bottom of your heart and bring forth a flower~

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)
    Could you give her something? I'd part with everything but my car. This is horrible news, poor Bailey.

Could you get help from the breeder? Would she be able to pay the lady to get Bailey back to her? And, you pay the breeder back in installments, even if it meant you weren't able to take Bailey back with you?
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

OK, did you reply to Great Dane Rescue?

Also - how about trying to make payment arrangements with the VET, then he can give the lady a refund and you pay the vet.

You also can verify with him that the $350 is accurate!

Good luck with this.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

*Update*

Bailey is currently at the vet clinic and he needs surgery. Apparently, he has something stuck in his stomach that needs to be removed. The breeder says the surgery is going to cost $1000.00, and that he is most likely going to be put down. The new owner can't afford it, neither can we. He is laying there suffering, because the vet won't do the surgery without the money. Coming up with $1000.00 would take some time, and he doesn't have much longer.

I wish I won the lottery right now, or that the breeder could help. Why did so many bad things happen to us this past month? I am having an emotional breakdown, he was so special to me - and I feel so useless.

The owner is going to call me to give her "permission" to put him down...

AMADEUS AUGUSTUS SEBASTIAN THEODORE

OMG no i am sitting here in tears.... is there any way at ALL that we could possibly help???

Omg, I am so sorry. There has to be something we can do.
    Thanks so much Ashley for the siggy!
    Zoey Marie NAJ NA RN (flat-coated retriever)
    Wynset's Sam I AM "Sage" RA (shetland sheepdog)
    T.j (english setter)

Quote Originally Posted by Flatcoatluver
    Omg, I am so sorry. There has to be something we can do.

there has to be...have you contacted any of the rescues Tasha?? They may be able to help

Can't the vet do a payment plan or something? People here will donate, I know they will. Please talk to the vet and see if they'll let you do that. See if a rescue could help with the bill....something, poor Bailey, he is so young.

I don't know what to say. I would ask the vet about payments, also. I know I could pay some on it. Others would probably be willing to donate, also.

9/3/13
    I did the right thing by setting you free
    But the pain is very deep.
    If only I could turn back time, forever, you I'd keep.
    I miss you

I hear you whimper in your sleep
    I gently pet you and say, no bad dreams
    It will be alright, to my dog as dark as night.

Fur as dark as the night.
    Join me on this flight.
    Paws of love that follow me.
    In my heart you'll forever be.
    [/SIZE]

How I wish I could hold you near.
    Turn back time to make it so.
    Hug you close and never let go.
    11/12/06

FIND ANOTHER VET. That's bull crap!! That vet should retire ~ he obviously does NOT care.

I'm praying to God that some miracle happens for poor Bailey. He did nothing to deserve this.

Try contacting the media, call radio stations to get this out there... I'm sure people are willing to help after what started this all WAS NOT YOUR FAULT.

"Did you ever notice when you blow in a dog's face he gets mad at you?
    But when you take him in a car he sticks his head out the window." -- Steve Bluestone

Oh my stars- this is terrible.. Payment plans- something??? Anything????

Quote Originally Posted by BC_MoM
    FIND ANOTHER VET. That's bull crap!! That vet should retire ~ he obviously does NOT care.

I'm praying to God that some miracle happens for poor Bailey. He did nothing to deserve this.

Try contacting the media, call radio stations to get this out there... I'm sure people are willing to help after what started this all WAS NOT YOUR FAULT.
    Your right, if you call the media I am sure people will be touched by your story, and help.
    Thanks so much Ashley for the siggy!
    Zoey Marie NAJ NA RN (flat-coated retriever)
    Wynset's Sam I AM "Sage" RA (shetland sheepdog)
    T.j (english setter)

I may be wrong, but the way I read your post you don't have Bailey back right? The person you gave Bailey to still has him and has communicated this latest update to the breeder, who then contacted you. Is that correct? And for some reason they are leaving it up to you to make the final decision. What if you say no, don't put him down?

OMG!!! I am so sad right now!! Bailey is such a young a nd gorgeous dog!! I agree there has to be something that can be done!! Please contact your local news statons!! people would love to help your cause, you deserve it! and we all would be willing to help the best we can as welll!!!
    Maggie,

I didn't slap you, I just high fived your Face!
    I've Been Boo'd!!

Quote Originally Posted by BC_MoM

i agree....please try to do something... and I know pet talk would be more than willing to help..you know how much we love Bailey