Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What's your favorite breed of dog?

I am the proud owner of a wonderful Siberian Husky. He has just a dash of sheperd in him. His name is Dakota and he love to play with his "daddy" (me) and his toys.

I love Rotties!!!!!!! I also love Pit Bulls

West Highland White Terriers are my favourite. I have just got my first Westie puppy, Dougal and he is my pride and joy. Even when he chewed a brand new pair of shoes he still managed to make me smile, eventually. He absolutely loves our cat, and they love sleeping in front of the heater together

[This message has been edited by Kristy (edited August 24, 2000).]

I love Mini Schnauzers!!!!!
    Our loving 10 yr old salt&pepper female Heidi just passed away 8/14/00 after fighting cancer for over a year. We miss her terribly. We are going to get another puppy.

My favorite was something I never thought I could choose. Always a big dog lover, but I melt into a warm puddle of love for any cold-nose-in-my-hand. But a favorite has arrived!Not a big dog but a big dog in a small package-my purebred fawn colored PUG--Puggie [it was not my name choice-I adopted her from a breeder and she'll answer to no other]. My new husband started out disliking "dogs-in-the-house" in general but she has won him over completely with her loyalty to me,defense of me[yes really,full attack posture and charging], and constant companionship. When I platfully suggested that we try another toy breed after Puggie "goes to her maker" he replied "oh NO, we have to get a black pug this next time" Puggie and I have been exchanging secret smiles ever since! :}

------------------
    purpleladydragon

my favourite dog is the long haired German shepherd.

Hey I think the best dog is a COCKAPOO!!!! If anybody knows a breeder in OHIO e-mail me at [email protected] Thanks

I love all dogs but my favourite is the
    Shih Tzu.. they are so cute!! expecially the pups.

------------------

Horse_1987

My favorite breed has to be the Papillon. They are beautiful, intelligent, lively, easy to train, easy to groom, have no doggie odor and very little dander (for the allergy sufferers out there), are inexpensive to feed, are inexpensive to take to the vet, are wonderful and loyal companions, and very easy to clean up after. For those people who like to do activities with their dogs, they excel at obedience, agility. They are in the top five breeds of dog selected for agility and the number one toy dog based on points and titles earned in obedience. They are very good in public and are, therefore, easy to take with you. And what a personality! They have this look that just screams "Come and say hi to me!" All this and you can control the dog with one finger in the leash loop when they pull their hardest. This may be the ideal breed!

I do not, however, recommend the dog for people with insecurities or with small, unruly children. If you feel that you need a dog for personal protection (and I pity you if you do) or to boost your macho image, this dog is not for you. This dog will alert you to intruders, but the intruder would have to trip over the dog for the dog to be effective. The dog will attract all kinds of kind, dog-loving people, including attractive women and men whichever you are interested in meeting (kind of counteracts the necessity for the macho dog, huh?) Small children also have a tendency to literally break this dog due to its fine bone structure. This isn't a problem if you can train your kids...

Please take a look by clicking here

[This message has been edited by Sophies Daddy (edited September 09, 2000).]

I totally agree with your statement! I have two dalmatians, and i just adore them to pieces!!

Originally posted by EmiB:
    DALMATIANS RULE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello! My absolute favorite kind of dogs are the Siberian Husky and the Golden Retriever! I Love them! And I OWN a Sibe!!

------------------
    " Keep the wolves wild and free!"

I LOVE SHELTIES AND I THINK THEY ARE THE BEST DOG AND I ALSO LIKE AUSTRAILIAN CATTLE DOG THE ARE COOL TOO BUST MY HEART STILL STOPS FOR A MOMENT WHEN I SEE A SHELTIE!!

My favorite type of dog is a Shih Tzu. I have one that is/was the runt of the litter. So, she is half the size she is supposed to be. She only weighs about 5 1/2 pounds. She is black and white and I named her Gizmo. Gizmo is such a character. She doesn't realize that she is a dog. :Þ

GOLDEN RETRIEVERS ARE THE BEST!!!! NO OTHER DOG CAN MAKE THE CLAIM OF BEING 100% PURE GOLD. NOT 24 OR 14 CARAT BUT 100%. I JUST LOVE THE GOLDENS

I love Golden Retrievers too. I must because I have two of them. But, I must say that my feelings about mixed breeds are real positive too. You can read about my escapades with a stray that started last Friday in the Dog Rescue section. It is titled "Unexpected surprise". That little mixed up baby has won my heart. His home won't be with me, but I have definitely found a good one for him. I think he will be very happy.