Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ebay...

I wouldn't worry yet. It probably takes a lot longer for it to get to Canada. And I never erase ANY of my emails until the product is in hand. Did you check out their rating before you bought? I only got gyped once and that was for a cd that didn't play correctly. Unfortunately, I rated them before I tried to play it. Won't do that again.

9/3/13
    I did the right thing by setting you free
    But the pain is very deep.
    If only I could turn back time, forever, you I'd keep.
    I miss you

I hear you whimper in your sleep
    I gently pet you and say, no bad dreams
    It will be alright, to my dog as dark as night.

Fur as dark as the night.
    Join me on this flight.
    Paws of love that follow me.
    In my heart you'll forever be.
    [/SIZE]

How I wish I could hold you near.
    Turn back time to make it so.
    Hug you close and never let go.
    11/12/06

I have over 100 transactions on Ebay and have lost money a couple of times. But I still go back Ask the person who bid for you to look up the seller's details in the "Items I've Won" list - the sellers email address is there. Send a friendly note, and ask if the item was shipped when they said it would be, and explain that you havent yet received it.

99.9% of sellers will go out of their way to help IF THEY KNOW THERE IS A PROBLEM - as they don't want a Negative Feedback.

I have found the key to resolving problems on eBay is COMMUNICATION! Good Luck!
    Last edited by Ally Cat's Mommy; 11-12-2003 at 12:29 PM.

Thanks Kay for my great sig & avatar!!!
    Kissy 1993 (?) - 13 Oct 2005. Always in my heart.
    Ally Cat's Mommy

"It's a matter of taking the side of the weak against the strong, something the best people have always done." Harriet Beecher-Stowe.

I haven't had any problems, knock on wood.
    Guess you can buy just about anything on there:

Money will buy a pretty good dog but it won't buy the wag of his tail. - Josh Billings

If you always use Paypal, you can be safe. I'd steer clear of money orders.
    But, in this case, check his feedback. If it is good, then you're probably safe and it's just taking a while to get to Canada. Never buy from any new sellers or sellers with negative feedback.

Originally posted by wolf_Q
    Do you have a tracking number? Do you know what date it was sent?
    My mom has a little slip of paper that we got when we put in the money order, is that what you mean?
    I've been BOO'd!

That's so sad that they sell DOGS on ebay... how horrible!

twitter.
    http://twitter.com/meganxxjo

now she's slowly opening
    new eyes.

Actually it is against the rules to sell live animals on e-bay. I had looked it up. The person selling this dog has a very poor rating on e-bay.
    Click here to visit my photo album

"Anywhere I'll ever go and everywhere I've been, nothing takes my breath away like my front porch looking in." - Lonestar

That's so sad that they sell DOGS on ebay... how horrible!
    When ebay finds out, they will cancel that auction, and probably terminate that person's account. If you ever see anything questionable or illegal on ebay, just email them about it. They are very strict, and very good about taking things off like that.

I have been buying and selling hundreds of things on ebay for years. I've never had a problem. Feedback is very, very useful thing, don't forget to check it before bidding.

And, sometimes it takes a LONG time for things to get across the border, especially with heightened post-9/11 security. It could takes weeks and weeks. Just keep in touch with the seller.
    "We give dogs the time we can spare, the space we can spare and the love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made" - M. Facklam

"We are raised to honor all the wrong explorers and discoverers - thieves planting flags, murderers carrying crosses. Let us at last praise the colonizers of dreams."- P.S. Beagle

"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king." - J.R.R. Tolkien

Glad to hear they can't do pets. I had just typed in 'dog' to see what there was. Like little ceramic stuff and came across a real pup. Thanks for reporting it to them.

Money will buy a pretty good dog but it won't buy the wag of his tail. - Josh Billings

They do monitor auctions. My account was hacked into. Someone was trying to sell plasma tvs under my i.d. Dummy me had the same password for Yahoo email so I lost that email address. Ebay caught this hacking within a couple of hours, froze my account and deleted the sale items. They did a great job!

9/3/13
    I did the right thing by setting you free
    But the pain is very deep.
    If only I could turn back time, forever, you I'd keep.
    I miss you

I hear you whimper in your sleep
    I gently pet you and say, no bad dreams
    It will be alright, to my dog as dark as night.

Fur as dark as the night.
    Join me on this flight.
    Paws of love that follow me.
    In my heart you'll forever be.
    [/SIZE]

How I wish I could hold you near.
    Turn back time to make it so.
    Hug you close and never let go.
    11/12/06

Originally posted by tomkatzid
    I haven't had any problems, knock on wood.
    Guess you can buy just about anything on there:
    Glad that is not allowed!

The dog is still on the auction. When I e-mailed e-bay, their response said it could take 36 hours to investigate. I have this listed under items I'm watching. I'm seeing how long until it is removed.
    Click here to visit my photo album

"Anywhere I'll ever go and everywhere I've been, nothing takes my breath away like my front porch looking in." - Lonestar

I have bought a lot of things on ebay, but I always look at their feedback before buying anything. I haven't got stung yet, knock on wood as one of you said. I always use paypal too, it is much faster. The ones that uses money orders makes it too difficult to deal with, I'm lazy and just want to get the transaction over with. lol.

Thank You, kittycats_delight for my new siggy!!!