Thread: R.i.p. Ralph- cotd 8/15/2023 - (2004?)- 9/14/2024

R.i.p. Ralph- cotd 8/15/2023 - (2004?)- 9/14/2024

Our beloved Ralph has crossed Rainbow Bridge tod=
    He had a tumor form on his neck last year- it weirdly grew until it separated from his neck and was hanging in his skin, then it necked itself off, the neck of flesh dried up, and it broke off- we never found it. Then a second formed the same way, but much larger- it was starting to isolate itself like before but it got to be huge, interfering with his eating and sleeping- despite his age (20+) the vet recommended taking it off, which we did- he came through the surgery fantastically, and now that he could eat again, he went nuts- he packed back on almost two pounds in a few weeks! He was like a new cat- but the tumor was biopsied and came back as a fibrosarcoma- very invasive and aggressive. And sure enough, another mass started forming on his throat- it kept growing and this time it did NOT separate off, it just grew all attached to his neck. Then a second one started growing just below the first. The vet said those were inoperatble, they were all tied in with all the blood vessels and thyroid and all the vital stuff in his neck- plus removing them would mean huge amounts of muscle and other tissue removed as well, with lots of pain and a long ugly healing process- and with fibrosarcoma, there was no way to get it all and it would definitely come back- so best to let it go until it interfered with his quality of life. Well that time arrived- the two masses were starting to prevent him from eating properly, we had to elevate food dishes for him- it was beginning to interfere with his breathing and it was difficult for him to get comfortable and sleep well- so he was telling us it was time. He went in today- he passed quickly and peacefully. Before we went to the vets he was on my chest, looking right up at me and purring and kneading- I think he was telling me Thanks, and that it was okay- it was time..... but God we're going to miss Ralphie.....
    PRay for Ralph at RB- whole and healthy again- please send purrs, Ralph- we miss you terribly-- rest easy and waif for us, buddy- thanks for 14 wonderful years, dear Ralphie-
    "If they could cross Man with the cat, it would improve
    Man, but it would deteriorate the cat." - Mark Twain

Aww, our condolences. I am sure he is making happy biscuits up at the Bridge, likely being spoiled by the Pet Talkers up there, including Paul of course, and Phred, Jonza, Molly, etc. Sending hugs to you.
    I've Been Frosted