Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Today's Pets are Up

Hybrid View

Thank you, Karen.

Be careful and keep safe!

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Today's pets have been up for a while now - initially Cat of the Day showed today's Dog, Tulip, but that has since been remedied, and you should see Limpy! If not, clear your cache.
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Today's pets have been up for a while now - initially Cat of the Day showed today's Dog, Tulip, but that has since been remedied, and you should see Limpy! If not, clear your cache.
    Oops - will clear it now! Ignore my message.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Today's pets are up, have been for a bit now. Off to do the social media.
    I've Been Frosted

Consolidated Communications - our Internet provider here - is down, and blinking in and out, much to my frustration./ But today's Pets are now up, thanks to my phone having a "hotspot" through AT&T. Sigh.
    I've Been Frosted

I finally spoke to someone at Consolidated Communications today - they admitted someone cut a cable, which is why we have had no reliable Internet for days, but have "no ETA" for it getting fixed. "But we're working on it." she said.

Soo frustrating! Today's pets are up now, though.
    I've Been Frosted

A day with many complications - but today's pets are up, so sorry, folks.
    I've Been Frosted

No new posts?

I haven’t seen any new ones since last week.

Sorry, I will be updating the sites today. I had a bad food reaction that Kermit worries was actually COVID, and am getting a COVID test today just to be certain.

So basically the weekend was too busy, then I spent Monday puking, and Tuesday sleeping and driving to get a self-administered "instant" COVID test that is not "instant' after all, and isolating. When I have one of those reactions, it is exhausting. Kermit's fears are not unreasonable - we were at a wedding Saturday evening where there we many (proudly?) unvaccinated people, and the reception was a potluck, which is always a minefield for someone like me, who has many food allergies and intolerances. Apparently I was not careful enough.
    I've Been Frosted

Wishing you all the best, Karen...

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Today's Dog, and Cat of the Day are up! Pet is now, too!

Dusky is somewhat better, but still puking, so another trip to the vet will be necessary, poor pup.
    I've Been Frosted

Oh Karen, poor Dusky. What a run around with the vet...vets! Can't understand how they're unable to see on the x-ray what's causing the blockage, at least some idea of what it is, if it is something that can be passed. My Lab Jingles had a similar bout, vomiting and diarrhea. The vet showed me the x-ray and declared, "multiple foreign objects!" He could see a bird's skull, "gravel" and sand, small stick pieces. Luckily she didn't require surgery. Do you have any idea what Dusky may have gotten into, eaten? Is he a sock eater? Socks are the cause of many a blockage. Breaks my heart, no vet willing to do the surgery under a payment plan. Hoping and praying Dusky is doing better... Please give him a hug and kiss for me.

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Quote Originally Posted by tatsxxx11 View Post
    Oh Karen, poor Dusky. What a run around with the vet...vets! Can't understand how they're unable to see on the x-ray what's causing the blockage, at least some idea of what it is, if it is something that can be passed. My Lab Jingles had a similar bout, vomiting and diarrhea. The vet showed me the x-ray and declared, "multiple foreign objects!" He could see a bird's skull, "gravel" and sand, small stick pieces. Luckily she didn't require surgery. Do you have any idea what Dusky may have gotten into, eaten? Is he a sock eater? Socks are the cause of many a blockage. Breaks my heart, no vet willing to do the surgery under a payment plan. Hoping and praying Dusky is doing better... Please give him a hug and kiss for me.
    He's not a sock eater - Lulu carries socks around, but just one dirty sock at a time.

It may be a piece of bone, or compacted hay - this started after he got into the offal from when we had to send Mr. Bean, the goat, to freezer camp. Kermit made a fire to dispose of the remains, but some of it did not burn all the way, and we think Dusky got into it. That's all we can guess, and currently cannot afford a follow-up x-ray. His energy level is back, he appears otherwise normal, but we still are keeping him on a liquid diet for now, until the issue either resolves itself or we get him to the vet again. And I will give him another hug from you. You would sooooo love him, you should come to visit someday!
    I've Been Frosted

So sorry, folks, today's Dog, Cat and Pet of the Day are finally up.
    I've Been Frosted

Today's Dog, Cat and Pet of the Day are up!
    I've Been Frosted