Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: A Totally stupid pointless thread

I heard somewhere something about them getting in behind the washer bucket (don't know what that is actually called). don't know how true that is but maybe if my washer ever dies I will crack it open and check
    I can assure you that the socks are not behind the Washer "bucket'. I recently had a mouse die somewhere inside my washer. I tore the wash apart and removed the "bucket" and did not find a single sock or a mouse either. Where ever that place is where the mouse found to hide before dieing probably has a bunch of socks too.

I usually buy several dozen of the same black socks so when I lose one it isn't obvious until one day the sock drawer is empty. I used to buy the ones with the colored thread in the toe so you could match them. I just ended up with a bunch of mismatch socks with different colored toes.
    Last edited by kokopup; 11-09-2009 at 06:18 PM.

I don't see shoes very often but I always see broken furniture by the side of highways and interstates and wonder:
    (1)how far away did it start its journey?
    (2)what happened to make it jump out right there, as opposed to further down the road?
    (3)how far was it from its original destination?

I can just imagine some redneck hauling something in the back of his truck and it falling out right before he got home with his prize: "Look honey! I drove clear to the state line just to get you this really nice....ummmm.....where'd it go?"

Quote Originally Posted by aTailOf2Kitties View Post
    I don't see shoes very often but I always see broken furniture by the side of highways and interstates and wonder:
    (1)how far away did it start its journey?
    (2)what happened to make it jump out right there, as opposed to further down the road?
    (3)how far was it from its original destination?

I can just imagine some redneck hauling something in the back of his truck and it falling out right before he got home with his prize: "Look honey! I drove clear to the state line just to get you this really nice....ummmm.....where'd it go?"
    Around here it's mattresses. Uhmmm... dude ... did you get all the way home before you realized something was missing?
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

LOL matresses... same here

did you NOT notice it flew out of the back or notice that difference in the trucks performance.

ever find money that you don't remember having? LOL that is a nice surprise but sometimes drives me crazy that I can't remember where it came from hahaha

R.I.P my dear Sweet Teddy. You will be missed forever. We love you.

http://www.hannahshands.etsy.com

Ive seen pants in the middle of the road around here...that always gets me wondering lol

Some of the tiedown jobs I've seen leaving stores make me want to follow the cars for the same reason you follow the lead of a second lieutenant....

Morbid curiosity.
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady's Human View Post
    Some of the tiedown jobs I've seen leaving stores make me want to follow the cars for the same reason you follow the lead of a second lieutenant....

Morbid curiosity.
    don't follow too closely tho...yesterday i saw a poorly tiedown ladder hit the car behind....not pretty
    joyce who has princess peanut, spokesdog for the catpack, mojo, magic, kira and squirty, members of the catpack, angel duke, a good dog who is missed and angel alex the wonder dog, handsome prince.

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Quote Originally Posted by joycenalex View Post
    don't follow too closely tho...yesterday i saw a poorly tiedown ladder hit the car behind....not pretty
    I got behind a truck with a flying ladder too - on a back country road with no shoulder to pull off on to, to get out of the way. Fortunately there were no vehicles coming in the opposite direction, and I was able to swerve into that lane. The ladder would have gone right thru my windshield if I hadn't gotten out of it's path. Scared the crap out of me.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Yeah I'm always nervous when I see a vehicle with a bunch of junk piled in the back and not tied down.

I was following a few cars back from this pick up truck that had the bed piled with wood. and the wood was flying out everywhere. everytime he would turn or start moving again after being stopped wood would fall out all over the place.

PANTS? LOL yes that would make me wonder too.

Quote Originally Posted by sparks19 View Post
    ever find money that you don't remember having? LOL that is a nice surprise but sometimes drives me crazy that I can't remember where it came from hahaha
    Back when I was in college I bought a pair of pants for my bf at a thrift store. I saw him the next day and said "I appreciate the pants, but what was the money for?" I'm like "what money?". He said "there was 2 dollars wadded up in the little watch pocket". I only paid 2 bucks for the pants so I guess that made them free, LOL.

haha that's not the first time I've heard of that happening with thrift store pants. but somehow I NEVER get those pants LOL

but I am convinced that our dryer makes money we always find a couple of bucks floating around in there. One time even a $20 WOOHOO lol

isn´t this great?.. I always seem to find money in coats, drawers, envelopes and pants.. haha.. sweet..
    Corinna´s Christmas Card Swap ´06
    dedicated to a lovely woman who won many hearts along her life...........
    she will be deeply missed.......Thank you for letting us be a part of your life, you will surely remain in ours FOREVER........R.I.P. Dear Corinna

Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful dude that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

notes-to-my-husband blog

http://365project.org/isabelle/365

I can't stand getting behind ANY truck that has one of those "protective" tarps across the top of their haul. You don't know how many times my windshield has been dinged and pitted because of small rocks and stones being tossed out of the compartment and also from the wheel treads. Many times it's like a shower of stones. If one ever hits my windshield and cracks it, I immediately get the license plate # and the name of the company and call them to report it. I also mark down the date and time it happened. I'm not reporting it to my insurance company only to have my rates go up cuz of their ignorance.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

You know what almost landed on my windsheild the other day?

COW POOP lol. Oh yes. I was beside a truck that was hauling cows and they all had their back ends against the sides of the truck where the holes are and were obviously making their displeasure well known by pooping out of the holes lol.

Ever been driving down the road and pass a single shoe in the middle of the road?
    Funny thing happened to me this morning on the way to work...there was a flip flop in the middle of the road! I just had to take a picture
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets