Thread: Phinehas and Malachi health issues - confirmed diagnoses: herpes virus in the eye

Hybrid View

Thank you for the continued thoughts/prayers for Phinehas. He's still not himself and I'm really hoping he gets better soon and that the heart ultrasound doesn't reveal anything bad.

Poor Malachi's left eye started watering a whole lot last night and it looked a bit red, so I am wondering if he scratched it or if his gooey eyes are coming back. I swear these guys are starting to go in cycles!

Malachi's turn

Poor Malachi's left eye is really red and inflamed and watery and gooey. Poor little thing! He just looks so pathetic. I left a VM for KAK's vet about this if there was something I could do for him and wait till tomorrow when I go in with Phinehas or if I should bring him in today since I can't quite tell if his eye was scratched or if it's part of the URI my kitties are sharing. I stepped away from my desk and when I came back I had a VM back from Dr. Bolz's assistant Hannah saying I could probably get an appointment for today. I left another VM to find out when.
    Fingers crossed that poor Malachi's eye will be ok!

I swear! I can't catch a break!

Karen, I'm sorry to hear this but I'm glad that you'll be able to see my vet today. Hopefully it's nothing serious. I'll keep both of them in my thoughts and prayers.

I hope they just both have a 'bug' that can be cleared up. URI's can go back and forth.

Phinehas may have had the murmur for some time - many cats have them and live fine lives.

{{{{hugs}}}} and best of luck at the vet's!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Oh no! That is just too much. Let's hope the vet gets it fixed.
    Sending all my best wishes to both sweet patients.

The CREW sends thier best. We hope that it is nothing to bad and your kids get over this soon.
    We are sending all our prayers.
    GILL & Crew;

Thanks everyone! Malachi goes in today at 4pm. I will also discuss with the vet about scheduling his neuter surgery. Poor little guy!

Quote Originally Posted by Barbara View Post
    Oh no! That is just too much. Let's hope the vet gets it fixed.
    Sending all my best wishes to both sweet patients.
    What Barbara said goes for me too!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Malachi is back home with Terramycin ointment for his eye. It turns out he has a strain of chlamydia which can cause swollen conjuctivae and discharge from the eye - but other than that he seems fine. Still eating, drinking and playing. When she said that I was like...WTF? How can a cat get chlamydia...isn't that what our doctors test for during our annual female exam?? LOL It's a different strain and she said it wouldn't be likely that it's contageous to me unless I rubbed his goo in my eye (yuk, which I won't LOL) and then I'd get pink eye. She said it could transfer to his other eye when this one clears up, so I can just apply the ointment if that's the case. Poor little baby, just looking at his eye makes mine water! Hopefully Phinehas won't get it, but I am taking him in tomorrow for his ultrasound and I can talk more about it then. I hope everything goes ok and we can get these vet visits behind us...not to mention the fortune I've shelled out! Thanks for your thoughts and prayers for my babies!