Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stupid Movies/Programs Rant.

There are some shows on television today that I can use, briefly, as a teaching tool for Jonah! If EVER he is up late enough to watch "Jon and Kate, plus 8" or, "Super Nanny", I use the show to illustrate how poorly kids behave, and how they seem so naughty, so disrespectful. To see such conduct with your own eyes is alot different than being told, "Hey, you are being bratty".

I will sometimes watch tv after he goes to bed (not to suggest he doesn't watch tv, he does....), and I am amazed at how nekkid most people are anymore. Was it always like this, or, have my thoughts/views changed???

Another good old movie, IMO, "Murder by Death"...I can watch it a million times....

"Wipeout" and I Survived A Japanese Game Show". Dumb and stupid. Sorry guys - Spike has done it best with MXC. There was a funny Saturday Night Live sketch followed with Mike Myers, Alec Baldwin, Janeane Garofalo and Chris Farley as the only non-Japanese character. Wipeout and Japanese Game Show are obvious knock-offs of MXC.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

MXC was a hoot! Wipeout is silly but definitely a knockoff. Summertime mind candy for when you're not really paying attention to the tube.
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom View Post
    "Wipeout" and I Survived A Japanese Game Show". Wipeout and Japanese Game Show are obvious knock-offs of MXC.
    The hosts suck and there is nothing funny about it-it's more geared to making the contestants suffer.The hosts of MXC are part of the program-the costumes and their interactions.

In MXC it's the naughty writing. You have to pay close attention to the dialogue because it's so cleverly written. It's topical and timely-the play on the contestant's names, occupations and the dubbing are what make the show.

That is the kind of clever humor that I find funny. You can say that it is juvenile, but the double entendres and veiled references make you THINK about the joke- as opposed to it just being a sight gag!

I do like the characters on MXC, They make the show more interesting!

-----------------

Does anyone do the BBC documentaries?

They are really edgy and address some topics that only show up on talk shows-and even then you have the host asking stupid questions followed by a doctor or psychologist who try to explain something that is out of their specialty.
    The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all -
    Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I laugh, therefore? I am.

No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.

Those idiotic gameshows will turn your brain to mush Richard.
    I know you are among the "easily amused", but most shows are a waste
    of good air time.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by lizbud View Post
    Those idiotic gameshows will turn your brain to mush Richard.
    I know you are among the "easily amused", but most shows are a waste
    of good air time.
    The only American game shows I do are Jeopardy and Wheel and Cash Cab.

All the rest are fillers when I am bored and I need a break from politics and the spawn of Jolie.

------------

The History Channel rocks- I can watch the "how stuff is made", Mega Machines and the war documentaries.

Speed Channel premiered a program called "101 cars you have to drive before you die"

I came across a really good, quirky program on my On Demand channel.

It's a game show where a couple is sent to a vacation spot and they have to go around and accomplish 8 tasks in 12 hours to win a week in a really nice hotel. If they fail, they go home the same day. They are given clues by cell phone and try to solve them within the time frame.

The tasks are based on the area's history, customs and people.

In one show the couple went to Cuba and they had to roll cigars, box one round in a famous gym, find a pirce of clothing worn by Fidel Castro in a museum and sing with a local band at a concert.

Another program was done in Argentina. I learned something about Eva Peron and her final resting place...It's kinda mindless but informational!

I'm pretty much only watch the History Channel, but I can't stand How It's Made or whatever it's called. I do love Modern Marvels though. Yesterday I watched the same program on the Manhattan Project that I think I've seen the first part of before I fell asleep, but I fell asleep again this time!

Niņo & Eliza

Quote Originally Posted by Suki Wingy View Post
    Yesterday I watched the same program on the Manhattan Project that I think I've seen the first part of before I fell asleep, but I fell asleep again this time!
    Don't worry, everything blows up at the end.

I really watch the "How it's Made" programs because I am waiting for the long haired guyto get sucked into the machine that seals stuff in plastic!
    The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all -
    Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I laugh, therefore? I am.

No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.