Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Question. Please read. (update: Doesn't seem good...)

I'm just catching up on this news. SO HAPPY Butter is back home.

You seem to keep worrying ab out it (the blockage) coming back. Take one step at a time, at least for now. Not easy, we all know, have been through it with one medical issue or another. But try.

I think you are on the right track. Got a good vet (glad you called another one!). They are doing the tests to help define the problem. Then they will give you some instructions as to how to proceed, about both the heart issue and the blockage issue.

Best wishes to you and to Butter!

He doesn't seem well...he has been in the same spot since he came home...I picked up him and he seems sluggish...like how he was the other night...I'm getting worried about him...I can't deal with him getting it again right now

My babies: Josie, Zeke, Kiba, Shadow (AKA Butter)

Maybe just give the vet a call and let him know abotu Butter's behaviour. He justmight be really exhausted having been through a lot, and without food.

They had a catheter in for a while, so he might be dehydrated - it might be a bit before he builds up enough extra fluid to pee.

See what the vet says...I can't see ANY cat getting it again this soon. Just call the vet, hon, for a consult. He can tell you what to check for.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

I'm going to the vet again tomorrow to get some stuff, I'll ask then...I'm sure he's just tired.

I'm glad Butter is home, but I'm sorry to hear he still isn't acting well. I hope he is just tired. Was he sedated at the vet? Maybe it hasn't worn off yet.

I'm glad to hear that he's home and I hope that he'll continue to do well. Lots more prayers and positive thoughts are being sent your way.

Do you know when Butter will have his ultrasound done? I hope that everything goes well. Take care.

Still keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.............

Deb
    Rest in Peace, dear Oreo: April 20, 1997-July 18, 2011
    :Rest in Peace, beautiful Sandi: March 18, 1994-January 23, 2010

::
    Rest in Peace, sweet Angel: July 1, 2001-May 14, 2009

Deb

He didn't pee all night, but I heard him in the box this morning...another tiny pee He then licks his "area" after. Doesn't seem good. I'll ask the vet today

Aw! are you going to take him with you? HUGS!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Poor Butter, I hope the vet can give you some good news.

From Decker with Love

I phoned the vet.

He said it's good he's atleast peeing a little, and that his bladder just might be empty but still a little irratated which makes him want to pee. He said he could have been tired because he was up all day at the vet.

He said I need to keep an eye on him for the next few hours and make sure he's not straining to pee. Problem is I have to work tonight...

(edit)
    He just "peed" again...no luck, he's straining again and only dribbled a little pee...I think I'll take him in tonight with him to be sure...*bigsigh*

I'm at a loss here. I have NO idea what to do. i don't have 700 bucks everyday for this...whatever they do. Urg, he's doing it again now. He just went like 30 seconds ago with no pee, and he went right back. Again, just a tiny speck of pee.

What do I do if he is blocked again? Is it really fair to him to give him this surgery? What if it's too expensive? Will it still come back? I honestly don't know what I'll do if it costs too much. I don't know how I could even have him put to sleep...that's what will happen if I can't afford it, right? I'm so worried...plus I have to work tonight and I really don't want to. I just want to be with my Butter. What do you guys think is best for him?

(edit2) What I mean is, if the surgery helps it go away for good, then he's gonna need that, because ifI get him cathetered again and it just comes back in a day, then I definetly can't help him...so I guess I only have the money for one more thing...should I try the catheter again, and hope, or should I get the surgery and hopefully be done with it? But is that really fair/humane? Plus if he has a heart problem then that's hard to do...Why me? I can't handle this

*sigh* hejust tried to pee on my clothes with no luck, and now back in the box....I'll definetly take him in when I go in a couple hours.

I'm so sorry. I've not experienced this with a cat so I don't know what advice to give. What did the vet recommend?

I know several PT cats have had the operation with success. Maybe they can help you decide.

Prayers and good thoughts for you and Butter.

From Decker with Love

Quote Originally Posted by jazzcat
    I'm so sorry. I've not experienced this with a cat so I don't know what advice to give. What did the vet recommend?

I know several PT cats have had the operation with success. Maybe they can help you decide.

Prayers and good thoughts for you and Butter.
    I haven't had him in yet, so I don't know for sure what's going on. I'm sure the vet would recommend the catheter again...but I don't think I can do that. I would rather have the surgery and know he'll be fine...They must think I'm rich or something

I just read this entire thread, and I'm so sorry that you and Butter have to go through this.

First of all, let me say that I'm more than relieved that you brought him to the ER that weekend, and it's totally beyond me how the first vet you've called could tell you it doesn't sound serious! The symptoms you described in your first posts sounded VERY serious!!

I understand your worries about the financials. But I know, none of us here would give up on his cat for that reason!

I hope there will be a way to prevent further blockages, maybe a penis amputation would do? (I know they do that sometimes with male cats that are prone to blockages).

I know you cannot compare this as my Luna is a girl, but she's having problems with UTI/struvite crystals for years. Her urine needs to be regularily checked to make sure she doesn't develope a blockage. As soon as she has problems peeing, off to the vet we go.

This year, one vet recommended some homoepathic remedies (Berberis and Cantharis) as an addition to her diet food and her UROPET paste, and she's doing much better since. Maybe homeopathy would work for Butter as well? I think it may be worth a try, and it's not expensive.

I really hope that Butter's current behavior is still coming from an irritation of the bladder tissue. I'll keep him in my thoughts, hopefully he will feel much better soon!

Kirsten