Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: help...

You can use a dropper to feed and the mom might of dropped him, my dad's a landscaper so we're always getting babies brought home from trees. Definitely keep him warm too, if you can heat a small rag and stick it under the towel he's wrapped in, it should do good for now.
    "To all the dogs I've loved before...Who traveled in & out my door...I'm glad you came along...I dedicate this song to all the dogs I've loved before"

what do i feed it?
    oh man i hope it doesnt die :9

I'm pretty sure puppy formula is the closest thing you can get, unless they have wildlife formula.
    "To all the dogs I've loved before...Who traveled in & out my door...I'm glad you came along...I dedicate this song to all the dogs I've loved before"

What about water? Do I give it some threw a syringe thing

You can a bit but when you get the formula that should be good by itself.

Just remember "Finnigan" the Squirrel!!!!! Although I don't recall how young he was when Debbie Canton found him.

Are there any wildlife rescue groups in your area. If nothing else they may be able to tell you what to feed. If you can't find any PM me and I'll see if I can get information from a group in my area that does wildlife rescue.

well try feeding it through a little eyedropper, when it comes to water and such, i have no idea about food.
    i did have a question for you though...you mentioned on your post, in the beginning, that your neighbors found the baby in your yard underneath your tree...a little while down the post, you said it was found lying on the side walk...so my question is...did you find it on a side walk or did you neighbors find it underneath a tree in your yard??

Sorry for the confusion. They found it underneath our spruce trees which are lining our properity. So yes, he was on the edge on the sidewalk.

It doesn't look like a mouse, right? I hate mice...I hope to god it's not one.

He's doing fine so far, I put the box on top of a heating pad (its on low, it's not too hot)

SOme pet stores and vets sell milk replacement formula specifically for rabbits and squirrels and other small mammals. That's not a mouse.
    "There are two things which cannot be attacked in front: ignorance and narrow-mindedness. They can only be shaken by the simple development of the contrary qualities. They will not bear discussion."

Lord John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton

I have more pictures
    The more I see pictures of baby mice the more it looks like one.
    Everyone who has seen it agrees that it kind of resembles tiny dog
    I left a message at a rescue and I'm hoping to hear back. I gave it some kitten forumla too.

Are you positive it's a squirrel?It is a bit smaller than i described, the size of a pinkine without the nail, haha.

Now that I see the tail, it does look too short. A squirrel and a mouse both should have a long skinny tail. It's arms look too big for a mole.

By the time a mouse is the size of a quarter-
    "There are two things which cannot be attacked in front: ignorance and narrow-mindedness. They can only be shaken by the simple development of the contrary qualities. They will not bear discussion."

His tail doesn't look like a baby mouse. When I was younger my mice would have babies and the babies didn't look like this guy. Good Luck!
    Billy and Willy! (2 of my 4)

Yikes. So it's not a squirrel either 0_o Keep in mind that the tail is tucked under it in that picture. I'll get another one.
    A rat? We don't have rats here though. But it kind of looks like a baby rat too?

I didn't know his tail was tucked under, so I guess don't rule out squirrel then. Sorry, but rats are everywhere. I've never seen one in WI, but I hear people talk about wild rats around here. Mouse is ruled out at that size I guess. You'll just have to wait and see. I must say he does look like a teeny tiny chihuahua, but they are born with fur. Is there any other distinguishing feature? Does it have teeth? I can't tell in the picture, does it have fur colour starting to show or is it all pink?