Thread: Heeeeeeeeeere's MAX!

Threaded View

Heeeeeeeeeere's MAX!

I did it! I took the plunge! I've attached a photo of Max - my new German Shepherd mix! We just got him today - from the shelter in Iron River, MI. He's 2 years old and HUGE. This picture doesn't do him justice. He's a great big baby, though - Jake, my little Sheltie - has already established himself as top dog.

He doesn't fit most of my previously-established criteria. He's not layed-back by a long shot, he's not old, and I'm not 100% positive he's cat friendly. He took off after our cat, but I think he was just curious. He wasn't growling and his tail was wagging. But just to be on the safe side we're keeping him in the crate or on the leash all the time for the first week or so.

He's got so much character though! The lady at the shelter let me take him outside to walk him. He saw somebody's open truck door and took off like a bolt of lightning and jumped right in their truck! I couldn't hold on to him at all. He's so strong. So we got one of those gentle leads, and that seems to work better.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thanks for the siggy, Lexi_Lover!