Thread: Lily's vet visit (update #11 + 12, everything's fine!)

Threaded View

Lily's vet visit (update #11 + 12, everything's fine!)

Two years ago, Lily had an increased urea level, and for that, I'm giving her some shots every once in a while, to support her kidneys. Yesterday, I noticed an urine-like smell on her, so I brought her to vet for some blood tests. She was a good girl and let my vet do her job with the needle... Now I'm waiting for the results, and I'm slightly nervous. Hope her kidneys are still working fine (I know, it's just a question of time that they'll start failing, but I hope that day is still far far away).

Another thing I'm nervous about is the blood count. Luna and Lily have always weird results! Decreased leucos, and some other things as well, really strange. Makes me think it's an underlying virus, something that hasn't broken out yet. Both were tested negative for feline leukemia, but I fear it could be FIP, or FIV... So far, none of them shows any signs of illness, but I'm pretty sure Lily's blood count will come back with the same, weird results. I hope at least her kidneys are okay...

If I'm lucky, I'll get the results tomorrow around noon.
    Last edited by Kirsten; 02-02-2012 at 11:13 AM.