Thread: My cockroach had babies!!! =] Yep, lol.

Threaded View

My cockroach had babies!!! =] Yep, lol.

So finally after about 9 months my orange spotted roach decided to grace my family with some tiny little ones. It is so funny because they look just like mom. It will take awhile to tell which ones are girls and which ones are boys. But I don't plan on letting too many get that big as they are going to be used as feeders for my frogs and lizards. It is a lot healthier to feed roaches than crickets, and crickets just plain stink. They're pretty gross. Cockroaches are very easy to keep and have no smell at all. Plus, they're just cool.

The first picture is not of the mother, but one of my hissing cockroaches with the babies. They eat pretty much anything, which is good for leftovers lol. So they're pretty fat and healthy before they get fed...or they will be any way. The babies have grown considerably since this photo was taken, which was about a week ago. The second picture is of the mom. The babies look just like her. I think they resemble rollie pollies.

Anywho, my hissers are strictly pets and will never be fed. I am very attached to them as a matter of fact. Their names are Hermes and Delilah. The mom and dad orange spotted roaches are pets too, but I will feed off their young.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kaimenew 313.jpg 
Views:	272 
Size:	1.27 MB 
ID:	43604   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kaimenew 308.jpg 
Views:	256 
Size:	1.32 MB 
ID:	43605  
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Northwest Opossum Society
    Zoology Major
    2 Virginia Opossums, 6 cats, 4 bearded dragons, 1 iguana, 1 red foot tortoise, 1 tripod chihuahua, 5 mice, dubia and hissing cockroaches as well as other misc animals that wander in and out of my home.