Thread: Big Mistake! UPDATE 9/25

Threaded View

Big Mistake! UPDATE 9/25

Someone who will remain nameless adopted a black lab puppy. BIG BIG BIG mistake. She hates Callie because of her hyper jumpiness, and this puppy is only going to be as hyper and twice (three times! )the size.

So, since this puppy is only 8 weeks old, its cute, sweet, and utterly charming. Give it 4 weeks... then biting and chewing kicks in. Give it a few weeks of potty accidents. A few weeks of heavy-duty leash pulling. I can imagine her reaction the first time he chews her shoes And lets not forget jumping! I have the vague feeling that this is a passing thing for her, and she'll become frustrated soon enough.

I have a baaaaddd feeling about this. I CAN NOT tell this person that this is a huge mistake. Trust me on this one. Neither can my husband. Yet, somehow we'll be the ones taking in the puppy when its charm wears off

Big sigh. This person is all excited because she got a free pure bred puppy. I SERIOUSLY question free pure bred dogs, especially in this area. We live in puppy mill territory. God help us if she got a puppy mill puppy with inbred health issues

This isn't a cry for how to deal with the dog. Its not ours, and there's nothign we can do about it. I just see a major problem in the making and am totally unable to say or do anything about it. I'll just be the idiot who opens my home to the puppy when the fun wears off (and indeed it'll be WHEN)
    Last edited by catnapper; 09-25-2009 at 02:18 PM.