Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom View Post
What is duck confit and why did Lisa only have one, anyway? .

And Richard, the neighborhood where I grew up used to be European and Eastern European (Polish, Italian, Czech, German, Irish, etc.) and is now largely Mexican. So I'm learning the difference between "fast" Mexican food like Taco Bell, places like Chi-Chi or Pepe's, and traditional Mexican cooking. My mom and dad still live in the house where I grew up. My Ukrainian grandpa used to eat tripe soup.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duck_confit

And what is it with the dish that Lisa made last week and the dish she tried the Brownie kid to 'want' this week-the green bean dish......The "Harvick Couture".........giggle.....I love it when people use the 'gastronomic' term for a meal and when you ask them what it is they tell you something like "Cornflakes, it's Portuguese for cornflakes."

Green beans-----Oh, go to the Asian store and get some long greenbeans, oyster sauce, onions and mushrooms.

Saute the veggies until they are the way you like them, then put some oyster sauce in. If you like gravy, mix a little corn starch with water and add that to the mix. fast and tasty-but the oyster sauce can be salty, be careful.

Cook some chicken and you are there.

Check out the "chile verde" when you go out.....It's pork cooked in a green chile sauce-But be careful, some places cook it spicy- Mex restaurants don't have a standard recipe for food-it depends on what part of Mexico that cook comes from
---------------

If Aaron hadn't washed his hands they would have jumped all over him for that-either way, he was doomed for that. I had to laugh when Tooshman made the comment that one of the segments was 'hard to watch'..He hasn't tuned into his network lately.

--------

D&D,
I was thinking about the "entertainment factor" too.

IF I was looking for the NFNS, I'd be watching for information, technique, charisma and entertainment. One minute, 90 seconds or even four minutes isn't enough for one dish. I think the average program is 24 mintues long-minutes long- their times are nearly not long enough. Compare that to a person who HAS a show on-they are given staff, time and writers to script the show.

And when will they let them cook a whole meal?

IF they do, will Lisa make her "Futzie-Nutzle" green been dish?