As some of you know hubby just got me the Nikon D80 that I have been wanting. It has only been 3 days since I got it but have been trying to get a grasp of the basics. I went yesterday and took over 200 photos of this, that, everything and nothing. There is nothing fantastic by any means but they are pretty decent considering I am just getting to know the camera. I just used the lens that came in the kit this time it is a Nikor 18-135 mm and the built in flash when needed. I am going to give the Tamron a try in the next few days and see what I can come up with.

Anyway here are the pics.

#1. This photo was taken at about 10:30 at night. It isn't great but I like it. I like the shadow and light in it.

#2. This was taken yesterday. We went to the river so I could take so shots. I love the colors and the detail of the reflection on the water. Just gives me a tranquil feeling.

#3. I really like the colors in this one too as well and the shadow and light and the reflection off the water.

#4. I used manual mode here and I changed the ISO to make it darker to give it a more dramatic look. I may not be great but I like it.

4 more coming