The 3 kittens are eating me out of house and home. They get free fed and also get to split one of the larger cat cans of food as a treat a day. Instead of just making sure the bowl is always full, should I just feed them a ceratin amount every day? They are pigs!! I started out putting about 2 scoops of food each in their bowls. I noticed when I'd get home from work it would be almost empty so I'd fill it up again. Am I feeding too much, too little? Should I just fill the bowls with one scoop in the morning and one in the evening? Is that to little? Can I be overfeeding them by making sure the bowl is always full? I'm asking because I'm spending a fortune on cat food. I buy Nutro and its getting expensive to buy a bag about every two weeks. Yesterday, I just bought the biggest bag of Nutro I could find in hopes that it will last me longer.

I guess I'm just used to the ferrets. I can buy about 20 to 25 pounds of food and have it last me 2 months for 5 ferrets and that's with them being free fed to. Any advice on how you feed would be much apreciated.