We recently got back from a vacation to Tucson, AZ. We took the motorhome but had to leave Peanut & CJ home. So here are misc. pics we took along the way.

On our second night out, we stayed at a campground just East of Amarillo, TX just off I-40, which used to be Rte 66 and which is the road the Okies took as they headed out of the dust bowl on their way to the land of milk & honey, aka - California. Really nice campground, and I found my new motorhome there!

But look, it has everything you could need, including water!

This is an actual "Okie" truck, outfitted exactly the way the Okies outfitted it back in the dust bowl days. It was so cool to see the real thing.

After we left Amarillo, we got off the Interstate and took a 4 lane, flat, extremely smooth highway through New Mexico. I LOVE this highway! There was a small little rest area that we stopped at. Here we are taking a break and soaking in the warmth of the desert.

And here's the motorhome with the desert in the background. Being from the Midwest, desert is something we rarely see and we're fascinated by it.

And here's a pic of our "rig" complete with car in tow and bicycles on the back. We're ready for va-ca-tion!

Another night we stayed at another beautiful campground in Picacho, AZ. This is the sunrise the next morning. Arizona does not do Daylight savings time, making them two hours behind us. Therefore, we woke up at 4:00 am and were raring to go by 6:00 am! Thus the sunrise pics.

More in next post ------------------>