Thread: Luna just had a horrible time at the vet's

Threaded View

Luna just had a horrible time at the vet's

Due to her bad bladder infections lately, I decided to have a complete check up for Luna, which is also including blood work. So we had to take blood from her today.

Turned out that she wasn't a good girl at all today; she hissed and acted aggressive, so it was impossible to get blood from her. So my vet suggested to slightly sedate her. I don't like that at all, but what other choice did I have?

They gave her not enough to completely fall asleep, only to calm her down. I waited with Luna in a back room for her to get sleepy, but instead, she got nauseaus. In fact, it must have been so bad that she started whining. She threw up twice - in her carrier. It was absolutely horrible! The vet looked after her and her assistant gave me paper towels to clean up the mess as good as possible, and they said it was a normal reaction as the blood circulation was going down.

10 minutes later, we tried again to take blood. Even though Luna was dizzy and tired, she growled and didn't like it at all, and we had to hold her with a towel. But this time it worked fine.

Now we're back home, and Luna is still dizzy and has problems walking. She doesn't look happy at all! I hope the sedative will be out of her system soon!

I have to wait till Wednesday before I get the results of the blood test, and I'm really nervous and worried. I don't know why, but I really fear they find something bad. Maybe I'm just overreacting, I don't know...

Please keep Luna in your thoughts.

Kirsten
    Last edited by Kirsten; 01-16-2006 at 11:22 AM.