OMG..... I just saw the pile of laundry thats accumulated this week while I was sick. Its only been since Tuesday since I did any laundry, and when I was done, there was only one bathmat and some dishrags that needed to be washed. Not so much as a single sock left unwashed......... and in my basement is at LEAST 10 (count 'em TEN) loads of laundry!

I'll tell you how: Teenagers. They wear something for as little as five minutes (to try it on and decide they don't like it so it gets tossed on the floor to be later scooped up and tossed in the laundry basket) and if they do wear something, its for a maximum of 6 hours while they sit in school.... and it all gets tossed in the laundry.

I've always learned that you do not need to wash a sweater/sweatshirt/jacket EVERY time you wear it, especially if you wear a tee shirt or something under it (like they do) because then its not sweaty or stinky, and if there's no stains on the outside, then its wearable for a second time. I've grown up learning that the more you wash something the faster it looks bad and the faster it falls apart. Right? wrong?

My son came home from college for semester break saying he's finally figured out what I was talking about, and said he wears some clothes 3 times before washing. So what has he done since being home? Wears his pants once (ones that he had on only an hour to run..... and these were worn OVER running shorts) and tosses them in the laundry. I guess if HE'S doing the laundry and wasting his money on the machines, then its ok to extend the # of wearings. but if good old mom is doing it, its easier than folding them and putting them away, because mom does that when she does the laundry

So am I the only one who gets frustrated over this?

PS: I am the ONLY one in the house who does laundry. I will not let the kids do their own for various reasons (namely they broke two washers and two dryers in under 3 years... not covered by warranty because both times it was just after the one year warranty expired)

Ah, I feel better now that I vented!