Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mom & Toddler Booted Off Plane

Hybrid View

Mom & Toddler Booted Off Plane

This was just crazy. I feel so sorry for this young Mom.
    I think the stewardess was way out of line here.

http://www.theindychannel.com/family...16/detail.html
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

I just heard about that on the radio. that is ridiculous.

R.I.P my dear Sweet Teddy. You will be missed forever. We love you.

http://www.hannahshands.etsy.com

Amazing! I hope she does pursue legal action, even if only to reimburse her for her time lost and the things she needed to buy because of the delay. This flight attendant needs to look for another career. She is obviously not suited for this one.

Byuh, bye?

Well, I have to think that being around a small child - repeating one phrase for the length of a flight - does sound kinda daunting.

Of course, an overhead bin would hold a small child.

-------------

I AM KIDDING.

Again, service based jobs are the pits - especially these days.

a 'bubbly child' is parent code for- My child babbles on for hours and hours and there are times I want to strangle him. For the one thousand parents who realize that their kids are a distraction there is the one parent who's child can do no wrong, who's diapers do not smell and their wailing, screaming or bubbling isn't that bad......because they learned to tune it out a long time ago!

Matbe the kid would have shut up after the plane took off. Or maybe one of the people around the Bye Bye Kid would have complained during the flight, What does a F.A. do then?

O.K. parents, let me have it.

I think a lot of people are not cut out to deal with kids.
    Shame really......they were kids themselves once....and probably louder.
    Wom

Apparently it's not universally considered a bad idea to drug children for the sake of convenience. Babysitters get in trouble for it all the time.

I always keep good Florida airboat earplugs in my purse.

Love, Columbine

Eesh, what is some people's problem with the world? It amazes me that people that grouchy actually manage to pass job interviews in the first place.

Yes, some parents are too lenient with their kids and seem to become oblivious to their hyperactivity, but really, if the news report is accurate in what the attendant said to the mother, then she needs the book thrown at her. Manners and curteousy could have resolved the situation in a few minutes.

Zimbabwe 07/13

Did anybody check out the video interview with the mom? She looks &
    sounds like a very levelheaded young woman to me. I tend to believe her
    and from the article, a lot of other passengers sided with her too.

It's hard enough traveling with a toddler by yourself & I don't think the
    little guy was bothering anyone but the stewardess. Why didn't she go
    serve peanuts or fluff pillows or something. LOL
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Eleanor Roosevelt

As for the veracity of the media, "Dewey Defeats Truman".

--------------------------

For the record,

My mom and dad raised us Catholic. that means-

We went to Catholic School.
    They gave permission for our teachers to beat us.
    We were taught, after mom instilled it into us to -
    sit still, don't be obnoxious, behave, shut up and be polite.

Finn's Mom-
    As for my mom losing control?
    She only had to endure it once.- because she waited until we were out of the public eye and she put the hammer down.

After that, the hairy eyeball sufficed nicely.

My parents parented, They didn't put up with BS, little temp tantrums and the adage of all parents these days- "I want my kids to have what I didn't have."

They were from the school of "You are going to get what you work for -money, respect and courtesy-nothing is free."

----------

Now,

Let's review.

NO PARENT, KICKED OFF A PLANE BECAUSE OF THEIR KID, will admit that their kid was misbehaving. That AH will make everyone around them the bad guy.

What is wrong with these statements?

"I was removed from the flight because my child was unruly."

"The F.A. offered me benadryl, That's because I couldn't give the brat a shot of tequila."

---------------

I am all for courtesy in public.

IT works both ways. I wasn't there so I do not know what was said or done.
    I do know that parents will defend their spawn in every situation because the kids behavior REFLECTS ON THEIR ABILITY AS A PARENT. It also reflects on them if THEY CANNOT CONTROL THEIR KIDS IN PUBLIC.

It only makes sense that the kid did no wrong and the Biatch, Rude, AH F.A.
    should be pilloried, drawn, quartered, sued and then fired.

Most of the time Cashiers, F.A.s. Managers, Servers and Security people take the brunt of the public scorn.

When YOU have a problem with some jerk, you go to one of them to 'fix' the problem. You then sit back and watch them take the shiat of the offender?

Because it's THEIR JOB.

If someone complained to the F.A. because mom couldn't keep Damian Jr. quiet, The. F.A. becomes the bad guy.

----------

The F.A. was effed either way.

Had she left the ankle biter alone and "bubbling" for the duration of the flight, there would have been complaints from everyone around them.

She would have been reprimanded for not doing her job. Let her keep her job. The next time you fly you may not have the spine to tell someone to STFU.

Send her instead.
    Last edited by RICHARD; 07-13-2007 at 03:00 PM.
    The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all -
    Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I laugh, therefore? I am.

No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.

Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD
    As for the veracity of the media, "Dewey Defeats Truman".

--------------------------

For the record,

My mom and dad raised us Catholic. that means-

We went to Catholic School.
    They gave permission for our teachers to beat us.
    We were taught, after mom instilled it into us to -
    sit still, don't be obnoxious, behave, shut up and be polite.

Richard, I'll bet some people won't believe your experience in Catholic
    school, but I do. Teachers were allowed to discipline students, and they
    did. It was learn or else.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Eleanor Roosevelt

The woman and the toddler were on Good Morning America this morning. The little boy was a typical antsy toddler even on the show. Unfortunately the behavior of children not quite two years old is extremely unpredictable. It is almost impossible to reason with them when they are that little. There were enough other passengers backing up the mother's story for me and others to get an idea of just what went on. Apparently the stewardess realized the scene she was making and just went full speed ahead. I guess sort of a *do or die* approach. I hope she has been fired.

Quote Originally Posted by lizbud
    Richard, I'll bet some people won't believe your experience in Catholic
    school, but I do. Teachers were allowed to discipline students, and they
    did. It was learn or else.
    I don't want to believe that I lived thru it. It wasn't very harsh because if you had half a brain, you learned the first time.
    One time my friend and another kid tussled over a ball during recess.
    The kid bit my friend.

The punishment was this....The nun/teacher put her left hand on the kid's left arm, took the pointer, which was a wooden rod about 3/8ths of a inch thick, in her right hand and proceeded to hit the kid on the back of the thighs. In front of the whole class.

They did about 3 spins and it was over.
    --------------

We had Phys Ed once a week. They brought in some turd to lead 200 kids in the basics- jumping jacks, push ups etc.

I was standing next to someone who was talking. The P.E. turd stopped the class, looked at me and asked, "who is talking?" I answered, "not me."

"Well, now you are, go to your classroom."

Amidst the "oooohs" I marched back to class where I had to take a ruler across the palms of my hand.

In those days some of the punishment was worse than the crime....but you thought once about screwing around and forgot it.

-------------

I know that I sound like a anti-kid person, not true. I love kids and my nieces and nephews and friend's kids would rather spend time with me than the adults.

I do believe in corporal punishment, always tempered with an explanation and a well communicated reason as to why.

As I have grown older I do know that it does hurt a parent more than the kid when they get smacked, but I would rather see a kid take a few in the arse for walking into the street than to see a kid as a hood ornament of a Buick!
    The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all -
    Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I laugh, therefore? I am.

No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.

One other thing was when the word got back to your parents about what
    ever misdeed was done at school also brought punishment at home too. Double doom.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD
    In those days some of the punishment was worse than the crime....but you thought once about screwing around and forgot it.
    We certainly learned to steer clear of the kids from St. Pat's, because they understood that MIGHT MAKES RIGHT, and if you were smaller, you were fair game. Maybe they went on to do well on Wall Street, or in Pfizer. That's where and when we live nowadays, after all. I guess the lessons stuck.

Love, Columbine

Just decided to add my two cents.

Anyone who knows me knows i like children about as much as most people like tarantulas.

Despite that i want to slap that stewardess until her face turns blue.

That mom and her kid did not deserve to be kicked off the plane.

Yeah, i would have been annoyed with the kid, very annoyed; but if you're getting on a plane you have to expect the worst. It's a commercial airline for crying out loud.

And yes, i agree... for being delayed for 11 hours it sounds like the kid was well behaved.

Let nature guide your actions and you will never have to worry if you did the right thing. ~ crow_noir

The pet world excels where the human world is lacking; sterilization and adoption. ~ crow_noir

Please, if your dog is arthritic look into getting it Elk Velvet Antler. Look up my posts on it, PM me, or look it up on a search engine; but please if you love your dog and want it to live many more years consider this option. I've seen so many posts on here about dogs needlessly suffering. I can't make a new post about EVA every time so this plea is going here. EVA also helps with other ailments such as anemia.