Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What A Way To End A Day At Work

What A Way To End A Day At Work

After lunch I had a lady walk up to my desk and ask if I foster cats/kittens. I told her no and she replied with "well aren't you the cat lady here at work"? I said yes, you can call me that but I TNR them (and explained to her what TNR is) and I just return them. She proceeded to tell me she and another lady found a "tame" cat in the bushes at work and they didn't know what to do with it. I put the phones on hold and walked out with them to the cat. Oh my what a handsome fellow and so nice. He reminded me of our RIP Porch. I got him some food from my car and we carried him to their work area where they shut him in an empty office.

In the meantime I gave them a list of no-kill shelters, which she proceeded to call, and I started e-mailing people I knew. Of course the answer was all the shelters were full so they were opting for the Humane Society (which is a kill shelter here). Then the best thing happened. A friend walked up to my desk that rarely ever comes into my office. I asked her if she wanted a cat and she hesitated then said no. I said what about your mom (she had mentioned her mom wanting a cat a while back)? She went over, looked at the guy, and took him! The funny thing is we had no carrier so we took a box with a lid on it so she could carry him to her car. He jumped in the box, laid down, and never stirred when they placed the lid on. I think it was meant to be!

I can now start out my weekend with a smile!!
    Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR) is a full management plan in which stray and feral cats already living outdoors in cities, towns, and rural areas are humanely trapped, then evaluated, vaccinated, and sterilized by veterinarians. Kittens and tame cats are adopted into good homes. Healthy adult cats too wild to be adopted are returned to their familiar habitat under the lifelong care of volunteers

Quote Originally Posted by K & L
    I can now start out my weekend with a smile!!
    Me, too!

Talk about serendipidy.

That was a lovely story for us all to hear as we leave for our weekends. It sounds like your friend's mom got a lovely cat. He'll be leaning against her on the sofa tonight instead of scrounging for a living in the parking lot.

Lisa,

What a great story! That certainly made the beginning of MY weekend happy. Great job!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

BIG SMILE

San Francisco, CA, where life is happy and gay!
    Aww! That is, Indeed, something to make it a very happy Friday! Lucky Cat!

Little Ms. Mitzi Mitts
    Our Photo Albums are
    Here and Here
    In memory of my beloved fur children, Goldie, Mishi and Mitzi.
    Rest in peace and play hard at the Rainbow Bridge.
    Goldie: 9/5/88 - 4/10/03
    Mishi: with us from 5/5/03 - 7/13/07
    Mitzi: with us from 4/19/03 - 1/23/10

Quote Originally Posted by RedHedd
    Aww! That is, Indeed, something to make it a very happy Friday! Lucky Cat!
    Lucky would be the perfect name for him!
    Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR) is a full management plan in which stray and feral cats already living outdoors in cities, towns, and rural areas are humanely trapped, then evaluated, vaccinated, and sterilized by veterinarians. Kittens and tame cats are adopted into good homes. Healthy adult cats too wild to be adopted are returned to their familiar habitat under the lifelong care of volunteers

I love stories with a happy ending.
    Spoiled child, bad
    Spoiled cat, good

Now that's the way a rescue story should go!!!!

Oh Lisa, what a great story. I can't get over how he just jumped into the box as if he knew he was going to have a better life now.

R.I.P. my Precious Katie, Katie Pretty Lady.
    Oct. 1991 - Oct. 9, 2005
    R.I.P. my Beloved Wild Hair Wee Willy Winky
    April 8, 2005 - June 19, 2009
    R.I.P. my best friend Buddy.
    Sept. 1993 - Feb. 04, 2010
    R.I.P. my handsome Mooky.
    July 24, 2002 - April 1, 2010

What a wonderful story with such a happy ending. I hope that you'll be able to update us about him.

What a happy ending!! Lucky cat!

"Did you ever notice when you blow in a dog's face he gets mad at you?
    But when you take him in a car he sticks his head out the window." -- Steve Bluestone

What a happy story!
    Loving meowmie to Archy & Binky (RIP my sweet boy 10/13/10)

=^..^=

I

What a great thing that happened that day.That was such a close call for that baby.Great thing that the lady walked in right at around that time.Great timing for everyone This made my morning reading this
    Poor cat was probably so scared hiding in the bushes.Maybe lost from home or someone died and got thrown out of it's home or a jealous boyfriend...who knows.I'm glad he's got a home now.Super lucky
    I had an old boyfriend many years ago that was so jealous of my BooBoo that died at 17 recently.that I swear if I gave him a key to my apartment he would of dumped him somewhere.people are horrible at times.Another reason for loving Pettalk Great day for this nice cat.

Thank You Kim for this wonderful siggy

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power ,the world will know peace" jimi hendrix

You could tell he had been on the road a bit. His little white paws were road worn and he was a bit on the thin side, but not in bad condition at all. He hid in the bushes and was meowing and meowing, that's how they discovered him. So sad what some animals have to endure. I will try and get an update on him next week.