Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: UPDATE on Callie

UPDATE on Callie

Well I've decided that Callie isn't so bright. The vet called me about an hour ago and let me know they removed a small piece of green plastic from her stomach. She is waking up nicely and her blood pressure remained good, despite her heart murmur. I'm so so happy that everything should be okay.

She still needs prayers to make sure her recovery goes well but at least the surgery is over. Thank you again PT for all your wonderful thoughts!
    Sarah, meowmie of Whisper, Shadow, Callie and red-eared slider, Kahn

Thank you CatNapper for the beautiful siggy!

WAHOO!

Prayers for a fast and uneventful recovery!

hugs
    Catty1

WONDERFUL news!! Plastic huh? Must teach her not to eat that kind of stuff! Poor baby, I am so sorry she had to go through all that and pray for a full and speedy recovery.

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

San Francisco, CA, where life is happy and gay!
    Oh Callie! You're not supposed to EAT the toys! Prayers going out for a speedy recovery!

Little Ms. Mitzi Mitts
    Our Photo Albums are
    Here and Here
    In memory of my beloved fur children, Goldie, Mishi and Mitzi.
    Rest in peace and play hard at the Rainbow Bridge.
    Goldie: 9/5/88 - 4/10/03
    Mishi: with us from 5/5/03 - 7/13/07
    Mitzi: with us from 4/19/03 - 1/23/10

UPDATE on Callie

Oh so glad the news is good on Callie & she is doing well & all.. Poor wittle baby && me & the girls send lots of whisker kisses, head bumps, prayers & ((((( HUGS )))))

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

So glad to hear that Callie is OK!!! I think eating weird things is an ORANGE cat trait!!! Ralph eats the curling ribbon, he can find it even if we hide the gifts!!! Will say prayers for Callie's recovery!!
    Nine is Fine!!

Thank You for the Update and Heads Up.as I will scour the Hotel and through out any small or broken Cat Toys.
    We are glad that Callies on the road to recovery,and some Pet Angels are with Callie now, helping her recover.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

I knew what Callie swallowed the moment I saw it. It was one of the parts to the toy mice. I was going to photograph it but I dropped it somewhere in the car and didn't feel like digging it out. She cost me about $2000 for a piece of plastic. Poor thing. I know she was completely miserable all week and I'm so grateful that they were able to find the reason.

I'm terrified now that one of the others will get sick. I just cannot afford another event like this in the near future. Shadow and Whisper are all up to date with their shots for the year and Shadow's thyroid medication appears to be working well. It's not too expensive and she's easy to pill.

Callie should be able to come home tomorrow or Sunday if all goes well. She has to have her stitches removed in two weeks and we're boarding her Tuesday-Saturday as no one will be here to watch her during the day. Hubby will be working 10+ hours/day and I don't want a catastrophe to happen and no one be there to check on her for that long.

I'll have to photograph her stitched belly. She looked so pathetic when we picked her up at our vet to take her to the emergency vet for the weekend. She was picking at her catheter and was already trying to get out of the carrier. I'm going to go check on her tomorrow and pray we can bring her home. I miss her crying outside my door for her food at 6 AM. I am so glad she made it through the surgery.

Oh Callie's Mom - Two thousand dollars? Plus "storage?"
    What a wonderful mama you are.
    Kids - watch television, no more toys. *remember?*

....and it was nothing she could have passed on her own and save you all that $$$$$. At least now she will recover and be OK and lets HOPE she learned her lesson and not eat things not meant to be eaten again!

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Sarah, I'm so sorry that Callie ate some plastic. I'm glad that her surgery went well and I'm sending lots of prayers and positive thoughts to her for a full and speedy recovery. I hope that she's now learned her lesson and that none of your cats will ever eat their toys again. Take care. (((HUGS)))

I'm relieved to hear that Callie is recovering nicely! Green plastic, huh? Do you know if the mouse was broken or was it something she chewed off of it?

I know this is a load off your shoulders. And, don't worry, she should be in good hands next week...maybe a little miffed, but definitely well taken care of!

$2000? Yikes!

Get better, sweet Callie!!
    Loving meowmie to Archy & Binky (RIP my sweet boy 10/13/10)

=^..^=

I

No it was a piece she chewed off. It's just kind of sad because I had called the Tuesday of the week before when I came home because I had found a piece of the toy in the hallway and there was no tail/rear end. She had vomited twice so I had made an appt. with the vet to bring her in the next day if it continued. She quit vomiting so I didn't take her in

She had continued to act strange but she still ate. There were too many variables for why she might have been acting that way 1) she was on a new thyroid medication and 2) I had switched them to new food. I figured she just didn't like her food and wouldn't eat as much of it but she still ate.

Last Sunday was when she began vomiting and I took her to the vet 8 AM on Monday. Between X-ray, ultrasound, fluids, anti-nausea medication, surgery, and recovery, she has become an expensive girl. She was free and simply had to make it known she was worth A LOT in her Meowmie's eyes.

My husband initially told me we weren't going to do the surgery when I told him the price. After a few choice words on my part, he changed his mind and simply shook his head yesterday. LOL I'll have to take pictures of her Frankenstein belly this weekend though. Poor girl.

Calliesmom - I guess you don't qualify for any help from IMOM or something like that?

This reminds me of many years ago, when my sister's cream point, Meatball, had to be taken in to late night emergency because his breathing got bad.

After all the IV's and everything, and going to a regular vet the next day, the tab came to just under $1,000.

Darcia called my mom to fill her in and told her the price. Mom LOVES cats, and we got our love from her, but the price tag so initially shocked her that she first said, "Darcia, are you going to PAY that?"

"NO, mom," sis answered sarcastically, "I'm going to crush his skull with a rock! Of COURSE I am paying it."

We all know they are our furkids - what else would we do?

Glad Callie is on the mend!

hugs
    Catty1

I called the clinic this morning and Callie is resting comfortably. I'm going to go see her this afternoon. The only thing that has me worried is that she hasn't eaten or drank anything. Wouldn't she at least be interested in water at this point? I know she is probably receiving fluids so that probably explains everything. I just want her fixed so she can come home. I misses my orange!