Page 55 of 93 FirstFirst ... 5454647484950515253545556575859606162636465 ... LastLast

Thread: Third Annual California BBQ!!!

Beware US citizens! Randi's on her way!!

Unless she overslept...??! - But I don't think that she did! I would most likely have known by now!

Mr. Bush will be leaving Copenhagen later today. Danish press has been exhilerated (to an extent that I personally find embarassing!) by his visit. Yesterday the TV journalists - all brimming over with excitement - named him "the world's mightiest man"! Well, I don't know about that - but I do know that - mighty or not - the citizens of Fredensborg, where Bush is lunching with the Queen at noon today - shall probably be relieved when he is gone! Rumour has it that the whole town has been shut down for security reasons so that the shop keepers stand to loose a whole day's turnover! Strange, I say - since Bush's agents view Denmark as a "low-risk country"!?

Well, never mind! I am not a citizen of Fredensborg - so what do I care...? Bush's visit will not interfere with my washing all my blankets today, I think

And by the way - you can just forget all about exchanging GWB for Randi!!! You can keep your Bushwhacker (sorry, couldn't resist!) to yourself! Randi is much loved here and GWB would never feel comfortable in a country as small as this! (We're short on new horizons to conquor here!! Hehe..)

Well, in conclusion.. Happy birthday, George! And for all of you barbecuers: I wish you all a great barbecue!! (I'm not envious, I'm not envious, I'm not... ) And for you Randi: Have a great vacation and a great time and a safe journey!!! I'm thrilled for you!

Lots of love,
    Sus and Bella
    Sus

Exactly this time next week, I'll be arriving at Vanc. Int. Airport with bags in hand (and probably under my eyes, too!). This is all way too exciting.

RANDI'S ON HER WAY!!!!!

Lut, I sure wish you could make it as well. Would so love to meet you one day.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

To add to the animal count I would be bringing:
    6 dogs
    7 cats (well, 5 cats and two kittens)
    1 snake

......and myself, Laurie the viper

Originally posted by lbaker
    ......and myself, Laurie the viper
    Now, now, behave Laurie. Actually I thought Gini was the viper....but what they hay, what's wrong with a whole next of vipers?

Have a safe trip Randi!!! I can only imagine the excitement you are feeling, so sleeping on the plane would be out of the question for me. Can't wait to meet you!

Gosh, I just can not believe it's the 6th already and Randi is on her way! Time sure does fly these days...
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

5. Randi is due in at 7:30p California time. If she makes her Chicago connection she will be on the last leg of her journey in about 5 hours.

What a long trip!

GINI - 3 CATS
    NEIGHBOR - TWO GOLDENS
    SLICK - 2 CATS, 1 CONE AND HUNDREDS OF DUST BUNNIES.
    Laura - 2 Cats 1 rat
    Alexa - 2 cats 2 rats 1 DOG
    Kelly - 5 cats, 1 "killer" fish
    Sara - THE 2 cats
    Tracey- 3 cats,1 kitten
    Staci - 2 cats 1 dog
    Mary - 3 dogs & 14 cats
    Debbie - THE other 2 cats
    Tonya - 2 cats, 1 dog, 1 bunny, 1 aged verbal (the English major's version of a gerbil ), several fish
    Julie - 4 cats, 1 husband.
    Karen - 3 cats, 1 dog, 1 husband
    Richard - 1 cat
    Laurie - 6 dogs, 7 cats, 1 snake
    Me - a number of pets (still in single figures)

How exciting for all of you! Just think, Gini, if Scott and I had been able to come (and for those of you who didn't know it, we were trying HARD to work it out up until yesterday), I could have added 4 dogs, 2 cats and 2 Cockatiels to the mix! What a fun place your house would have been!!!

GUESS WHAT EVERYONE?????????? I got the time off, so count me in. Whooo hoooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!

Can you tell I'm excited. Oh man, you don't know how bad I need a VACATION! And to be able to spend that time with so many awesome Pet Talkers definitely brings a smile to my face. I can't wait to meet all of you!
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Northwest Opossum Society
    Zoology Major
    2 Virginia Opossums, 6 cats, 4 bearded dragons, 1 iguana, 1 red foot tortoise, 1 tripod chihuahua, 5 mice, dubia and hissing cockroaches as well as other misc animals that wander in and out of my home.

Oh no, you wouldn't want all of my crew being there. Now, lets count, hehe.

1 puppy- yes, I got a new puppy. Whiskey- SB/BC mix
    4 cats
    1 hedgehog
    11 rats
    4 gerbils
    1 hamster
    1gecko
    1 tortoise
    I don't think I'm forgetting anything...you can't really take fish to a trip like this lol.
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Northwest Opossum Society
    Zoology Major
    2 Virginia Opossums, 6 cats, 4 bearded dragons, 1 iguana, 1 red foot tortoise, 1 tripod chihuahua, 5 mice, dubia and hissing cockroaches as well as other misc animals that wander in and out of my home.

Originally posted by Logan
    How exciting for all of you! Just think, Gini, if Scott and I had been able to come (and for those of you who didn't know it, we were trying HARD to work it out up until yesterday), I could have added 4 dogs, 2 cats and 2 Cockatiels to the mix! What a fun place your house would have been!!!
    Oh Logan, so we will have both to look at the moon in that night and wish we were there

I know it, Barbara. I swear, we will get there, one day!!!

Hey Luckies - glad things worked out and that you can make it. It will be good to have another web-footed Oregonian there.

So countdown wise - about 230 hours until the party - (we'll be knocking on the door at 6:00am - right Gini? )

These are not the droids you were looking for

Originally posted by Mystery Guest
    Me - a number of pets (still in single figures)
    You may be the mystery guest but remember...

The Ginster lives a little way down the street....I could go down to her house and sit on her front porch until she squeals...

Block your email address, will ya....

Originally posted by catland

So countdown wise - about 230 hours until the party - (we'll be knocking on the door at 6:00am - right Gini? )
    Well, that is when the first slide show starts. It is a good time to show up so that you and your husband can get a front row seat!

Cass, I am happy that this is working out for you! Bring pictures.

The Ginster lives a little way down the street....I could go down to her house and sit on her front porch until she squeals...

How do you know Gini knows my identity???????