Page 16 of 93 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252666 ... LastLast

Thread: Third Annual California BBQ!!!

Gee, we used to fight over whose turn it was to dry the dishes because none of us wanted to do it! If I had this kind of dishwasher, I dont' think I would have protested as much when it came my turn to dry....I might have even offered to take by brother's turns as well. We would have had the cleanest dishes in the neighborhood!
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

Originally posted by slick

As for dragons, I love them. I was born in the year of the Dragon and besides, I'm in love with Puff.

LMAO!!
    now that belongs in the DAWG HOUSE

And Debbie Ya might not need a note from Mom but probably Terry!

Oh and I would be in for the Tattoo outting also!
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

I'm sorry that I haven't been posting much on this thread but I have been keeping up and reading all of your posts. It sure sounds like this years BBQ is going to be the wildest one yet.

I think that I was born in the year of the Tiger- 1962. As far as the tatoo thing goes, I don't like pain either and since tatoos are permanent I'd only get a temporary one. I have had my navel pierced before and that was painful enough. It only lasted for a little over a year though because it was bothering me too much. That's the one good thing about piercings because at least you can remove them if you want to.

I can't wait to see the regulars again and meet all of the new PT BBQ people this year.

Originally posted by gini
    I was born in the year of the dragon.
    No wonder we can both breathe fire!!!!

Re the mugs: I'm going to speak out our Marketing person next week because I know that our company has promotional mugs with our logo on it and they can give me some contact phone numbers to call. Let's make this happen.

If the rest of you really want to go for the tats and piercings, fill your boots. I'm not up to having more holes poked in my body. The hole in my head is big enough.....

Oh yes, and Gini, I spoke with my Mom this morning and she will write me a note that it's OK to attend. I'll bring it with me, unless you want it mailed for faxed ahead of time.
    Last edited by slick; 02-12-2005 at 12:33 PM.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

5. tasteful tattoo
    Is this an oxymoron??????

Do you think that we could have pictures of our furkids put on the mugs too or would this be too expensive?

I don't know Tracey, let me look into it. I do think that it would be best to get them printed here because your dollar goes alot further. I checked into the inventory and our company white coffee mugs with just a logo on it costs about $3.00 CDN. Keep in mind that it's cheaper than we will pay because I work for a charitable organization.

I'll know alot more next week and will keep you posted.
    Last edited by slick; 02-13-2005 at 05:09 PM.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

--Polar Express

Wow! $3CDN sounds pretty good. The prices I've seen can run anywhere from .45 cents -$11 per mug (steins are usually a little more). Here are a couple of examples:
    http://www.cafepress.com/cp/customiz...lear=true&no=0
    http://www.discountmugs.com/ceramics.htm

Actually, the discountmugs.com has some cute mug shapes to choose from. Perhaps we could all vote on a shape and type of mug.

Tracey, yes, you can put graphics on the mugs. All I have to provide are gifs or jpgs for the design of the mug.

I was thinking about having 3rd Annual Southern CA PT BBQ on the front of the mug perhaps with the POTD logo....if Karen approves.

Then we could have something on the back. Either a slogan for this year's theme or perhaps a picture or something. I could whip up a design in Photoshop if we want to get an idea of what the design would look like on the mug.

Wouldn't it be cute to have pawprints inside the mug?

If I remember right, I couldn't go last year, becuase it the gathering was scheduled for the same day our dance group was leaving for Florida...and if I remember right, the gathering this year is a week earlier...and so is our Florida trip

But...Ralph and I have not decided if we are going to Florida or not...so if not...maybe just, maybe...

WOW! I really need to go back and read this thread. My boyfriend and I plan on coming down for sure! We love road trips! Actually, we might go to Canada this week! We'll probably rent a car, since my boyfriend is overly paranoid about animals in his car due to a bad situation with his old dog. I definitely still plan on being there.
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Northwest Opossum Society
    Zoology Major
    2 Virginia Opossums, 6 cats, 4 bearded dragons, 1 iguana, 1 red foot tortoise, 1 tripod chihuahua, 5 mice, dubia and hissing cockroaches as well as other misc animals that wander in and out of my home.

Wow, Karen, you've really got it all together. Those paw prints are adorable. I vote YES!! As for the design, well, I'm very creatively challenged so I leave that up to you. I like the ideas of the PT logo and the 3rd Annual CA PT BBQ on it. If everyone is still interested in the siggies, maybe we could find a way to scan our own signatures and email them to you? I know that we have a scanner at work that I could use. Gini....get that manual out and hook up your scanner. If not, I'll fly down there next week and get it set up for you.

Oh dear, my heart is twitterpating with excitement again....

CM: I sure hope you can make it.....
    --unknown

--Polar Express

Originally posted by gini
    Yeah, Lynne, you can't get out of things that easily. You just watch out - there will be a big surprise for you in 2006! {God Willing)

L4Me - glad that you can come. Rascal, Annie and Emma are asking me WHO'S FRECKLES???? He doesn't chase cats does he?
    Freckles is my dog. Holy cow...she's going to be a year soon! They grow too fast. And nope, she doesn't chase kitties either.
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Zoology Major
    2 Virginia Opossums, 6 cats, 4 bearded dragons, 1 iguana, 1 red foot tortoise, 1 tripod chihuahua, 5 mice, dubia and hissing cockroaches as well as other misc animals that wander in and out of my home.

Originally posted by Uabassoon
    Alexa and I will be staying in Anaheim. I think we'll stay at the Ramada right by Disneyland. We stayed there last year, it wasn't great but for the price it isn't too bad. It nice to be able to walk to the park instead of dealing with parking there. I think we'll get in Friday night then head up to L.A. on Saturday for the BBQ. Then leaving early on Monday to drive back..
    Since I'm from Anaheim and still have family there I too will be staying there. Actually since Showstopper is in July too, I will most likely be able to stay at the Disneyland Hotel for free. If anyone would like to stay there let me know and I *might* be able to arrange for a discount. I got hookups. Also, I can get at least 7 people in for free to Disneyland/California Adventure.
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Zoology Major

I love this mug idea. If anyone needs help with that, let me know.

I haven't booked a flight yet, but that is because I need to know if someone can share a hotel with me.

Tonya, Staci, .. anyone need a roomie?? I am going to need to bunk with someone to cut down on costs

Let me know!