Page 9 of 41 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: 2009 Pregnancy/baby thread

Congratulations Sabies, I think Stratton deserves his own thread!

Good luck to all of you pregnant pettalkers...

Finn's mom...I never looked that cute when I was pregnant.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)
    Stratton is gorgeous! Congratulations on your big beautiful baby!

And, caseysmom, thank you! But, I'm sure you were a beautiful pregnant woman!
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

YAY! Another PT baby! Stratton you are a gorgeous boy.
    God Bless your mom! You were a big boy!

Welcome, Stratton! He is beautful. He is a big boy, too! I don't think Malcom has reached the 10 pound point yet, and he is 7 weeks old.

Wheee!!!! I'm getting excited. I head home to South Carolina on Saturday! My aunt is coming down from Maine and will be there while I'm there, so that's super cool. The shower she, my mom and my mom's best friend are throwing for me is this Sunday. I'll get to see my family and friends back home, and spend time with everyone that I don't get to see often enough. I'm really excited!

My doctor is pleased with the way things are progressing, and is confident that I won't have to go on meds to manage my gestational diabetes. I had another class/meeting with my educator, and she says I'm doing a great job. I have definitely learned a lot and know what to do to keep my levels right. I can pretty much eat what I want if I exercise enough.

We are working on the nursery and I'm really excited about how it's turning out, too. I'll post photos when we're finished painting!

My waist is now at 41 inches! Woo hoo!
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

Congratulations! Stratton is adorable

Congratulations!! Stratton is a very beautiful baby!

Since Lyra is 4 months old today, I thought I would share a few pictures.

Oh my goodness! TOO CUTE!!!! LYRA you are absolutely adorable!!!
    Gosh, already 4 months. Where does the time go?

Aw, Lyra makes me even more excited about the little lady in my tummy! She's beautiful!

What a beauty she is already! Her eyes are looking so dark! Do you and/or daddy have dark eyes?
    I've Been Frosted

I have had a great time so far in South Carolina! It has been so nice seeing my family and a couple of my friends. The baby shower was a lot of fun, and non traditional again. It was originally going to be all girls, but it ended up being for everyone. It was great! I was able to eat a little bit of cake, and my numbers were still good! We got a lot of beautiful and cute things, plus $600 in gift cards and cash. Unbelievable. I am still a little shell shocked. I can't wait to share photos of the dress and blanket my aunt made. They are unreal. She is incredibly gifted in crafts, and the gifts she made for our little girl are exquisite. Even the cake she made was gorgeous! I'll have to post photos of the decorations on the cake, they were great!

Anyway, things are going really well, and I feel great! Still keeping up with my diet and taking my blood sugar levels. I was not sure if I was going to do a good job of it, being out of my element and routine. But, I'm proud of myself!

I am here for a couple more days, and will just enjoy my family. We are planning to go to a couple stores and really look at nursery furniture. My mother is buying it, and will have it shipped directly to us, so this is our chance to shop together and for me to get my hands on the items to see what I really like! I'm leaning more towards white furniture as opposed to light wood...but we'll see!

That's great Kari! Wow! Your family is generous! You deserve it! It's a special time in our lives. If we don't get spoiled now when will we be!

Well time for a little update:

I have started the biweekly drs. visits. I go in on Tuesday to get fetal monitoring and to check for contractions (if I am having any). On Friday I get ultrasounds to monitor amniotic fluid AND fetal monitoring. It's standard procedure for the hospital I go to if you are diabetic.
    I will get to see my little lady every Friday.

The last attempt at 4D wasn't great. She was not wanting to turn and show her face. We could see her profile and the fact that she was munching on the chord....

My blood pressure was up a little on the last two visits and they told me to stay off my feet and avoid too much work. I need to stay off the salty foods.

Other than that, I am feeling pretty good. Just a little heavy and my feet and legs hurt if I am on them too much.

I am working on the nursery a little every day. I finished placing the ladybug decals around her crib yesterday and will put the wall hangings up this week. I purchased drapes yesterday. This weekend hubby will install the rods and we'll hang them up to see how they look. I'll post pictures when it's all done.

I can't believe I will be holding a little baby in more or less 6 weeks.
    Last edited by beeniesmom; 06-17-2009 at 05:38 PM.

Getting closer! I'm so excited for you guys and make sure I keep up with the updates!

I loved the pictures of Lyra, Stratton and Malcom.

Ashley & Crossbone ("mini ACD")
    Living with my parent's: Jack (Lab/Beagle), Micki & Mini (JRTS)
    RIP Kyra: 07/11/04 - 11/3/12; Shadow: 4/2/96 - 3/17/08

Carmen, that's awesome that you'll get to see her every week! We haven't gotten to that point, not sure if we will. I know we have an appointment in a couple weeks, and then we start going every two weeks. My numbers have been good for the most part. Today, they were high after breakfast and lunch (not over 150, though). Just tired and need to get back on track. I did as well as I did in South Carolina because we were out and about a lot, walking.

My family really surprised me. Well, my close family didn't really, they are always wonderful. I guess just so many others contributed, it was wonderful. We are going to save the gift cards and cash for after our DFW shower next month and then go on a full blown shopping spree.

We're finishing taping and painting the nursery tonight. We'll be placing the order or buying the nursery furniture within a week, and depending on where we get it from, we may have it before the month is out. Once we get the furniture set up, I'll start adding the finishing touches. Part of the furniture (the bookcase and toy chest) won't get here until after our daughter's arrival, because my parents are driving from South Carolina when she arrives and will be bringing those things with her.

David seems to think she's coming in July. He add a dream that she was born at the very end of July! We shall see! As long as she arrives healthy, I don't care when she comes!