Page 6 of 41 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: 2009 Pregnancy/baby thread

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfsoul View Post
    I've been making flashcards and fun CDs for the baby. I'm such a weirdo.

Why is that weird?
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

I've gained ten inches around my waist! It's cool! I can see my veins through my skin on the sides of my belly, but haven't gotten any vericose veins, yet. No other issues, either, except the same ol' going to the bathroom every 30 minutes. David got me a great body pillow for Mother's Day and that seems to help me sleep better.

We have a doctor's appointment on Thursday, I'm not sure if we get a sonogram or not, but I would like to see her.

The painter's here painting the nursery. The colors are a lot bolder than I'd thought they would be, and David added red to the trim (baseboards, door frames), so it's going to be a different look, but I think it will still be nice.
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

Aww, it's so cool to hear about your progress!
    10 inches huh? Did the drs. measure you or have you been doing that?

My drs. have been measuring from bellybutton to pubic bone.
    My bellybutton is just starting to poke a little. No stretch marks yet.
    I've been using the palmers lotion religiously.

I know what you mean about peeing all the time. I was so frustrated yesterday. It almost seemed like every 15 minutes or so.
    Some days are better than others.

I feel like I'm having a hard time staying hydrated too. I feel thirsty all the time and am drinking lots of water but it doesn't seem like enough. Are you having the same issue?

I hope you sleep better with you pillow. I was having more trouble sleeping a few months ago than now. Wierd... I seem to be sleeping ok. I just wake up with my arms numb from laying on one or the other.

Baby girls nursery is almost complete. Got crib, dresser, bedding and wall hangings. I'm trying to find matching drapes. I think I found some nice ones at Home Depot (of all places). When it's all finished I'll post pictures. It might be a while yet though.

Has anyone had skin issues? I am having some tiny pin prick size pink dots come out on my chest and a pea sized hemangioma pop up on my forehead.... I'm getting the hemangioma removed thursday. My dr. said it's pregnancy related too. FUN!

What about weight? How much are you up?
    I'm up about 20 which is too much but you can't really tell....

I hope all you pregnant mommies continue to do well.

My doctor did measure me from pubic bone to just under my bra line when we were at the last appointment, but he said everything was fine so I didn't even bother to ask about the measurement. I knew my waist size pre-pregnancy, and I don't know why I wasn't measuring my waist monthly/weekly. I just did yesterday for the first time. I'm at about 38 inches, which is funny to me, because that's just about what my hip/butt measurement is normally (and it hasn't changed).

Honestly, I don't really know for sure that lathering up with lotions really helps prevent stretch marks, but I'm doing it just in case. I know it helps if my tummy gets itchy! I don't have any stretch marks, yet, either. We'll see! My belly button is pretty darn deep anyway, so it hasn't started poking out yet. It's definitely not as deep, but it still has a way to go before it's an outie!

I haven't had any skin issues at this point, my skin's actually better than it ever has been. Not sure how long that will last, but for now, I am grateful. I haven't really had any dehydration spells, although I know I'm not drinking enough water. It's a daily struggle for me to drink a lot of water.

I've gained about 8 pounds so far, but I swear my belly gets bigger daily.

Skin issues--I do get zits on my face pretty regularly when I'm pregnant. The only time I usually get them is around the time of the month.

26 weeks

We spent all day Saturday at the Scarborough Renaissance Festival in Waxahachie, TX. It was so much fun! I love shooting the bow and arrow when I go, even though I'm not that great at it. But, anyway, you can see my baby belly! I'm 8 pounds and 10 inches bigger! Loving it so far!

Congratulations on baby Malcolm! Your family is beautiful!!

I'm glad that everyone's pregnancies are going well. Reading about it makes me almost miss being pregnant!

Lyra had her first laugh today, for her daddy. She is so cheerful, which I love. She is three months old and so I took some pictures today.

Oh my gosh, Lyra is beautiful! Thanks for sharing the photos!

Lyra is adorable. She does look very happy.

I am currently in my 40th week (due May 19) and I am huge, gained almost 50 lbs and over a week ago an US indicated the baby was at 9lbs. So come out already! I thought I'd be done by now but I am not. This waiting drives me crazy and I'm so big it's hard to care for Sam. I'm also trying to figure out how this baby boy will get out! As for stretch marks I had no hope even after being really really good with creams. But I do know from baby #1 that they fade with time and really I'm over it - they are the least of my problems!

Sam seems to know that she has a baby brother in the belly. We'll see how she feels when he's out!

That's such a great photo! I'm looking into having someone take my maternity photos. I don't have the equipment for great indoor shots, and I'd like to have some cool indoor "studio" type photos.

Oh my! Lyra is 3 months old already! She is super cute! Those items are really neat. Especially the pacifier holder stuffed animals.

Wow, Sabies, you look great. Good luck on a smooth and safe delivery.

About 3 months left for us Kari!!!
    Last edited by beeniesmom; 05-13-2009 at 09:37 AM.

Lyra is just beautiful. Love all of that pink! What a great smile!

Sabies, you are SO close. Hope to see pictures of your little boy very soon. The picture of you and your daughter is adorable.

We had our fourth four week appointment yesterday and everything is great! We weren't due to have a sonogram, but when I said it was David's birthday, our doctor gave us one anyway. He said "aw, i'm a softie, let's go see your baby." I love him! She didn't stop moving at all! It was so neat to see and feel her at the same time. She was positioned with her head up and to my right and her feet down and to the left. Of course, he said the position shifts a lot while she is still small, and in about six weeks, that's when we hope she settles into a good HEAD DOWN spot. So, we'll be praying for that! Her heartbeat sounded good, and she's definitely a girl!

I took the gestational diabetes/glucose tolerance test and had blood drawn, so next week, we should find out the results. Praying that I don't have gestational diabetes, and although I'm not overweight or sedentary, my mother is diabetic, so I'm at a higher risk for it. If that's the worst that comes my way during this pregnancy, though, I will consider myself fortunate.

We have one more four week appointment scheduled on June 5 (I'm flying to South Carolina on the 13th, so hopefully things continue to go well), and then we start going every two weeks.

Loving this, hope everyone else is, too!

Boooo...I found out today that I do have gestational diabetes. I have to make an appointment to do a more extensive three hour test (drink the glucose solution and then have blood drawn every hour on the hour). I'm going to do some reading up after I post this, but I'm pretty sure I'll be fine with just controlling the sugar that I take in. But, dang it, I was so happy that I was having a healthy pregnancy. Grrr...

I'm sorry Kari. If you have any questions, Lord knows I can help you on this one.