Page 2 of 41 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: 2009 Pregnancy/baby thread

All these baby pictures make me smile!!!! Lyra and Vince are so cute.
    Ooooh, I can't wait to meet mine.

Aww these cute babies and cute pregnant bellies.

I've been sooo busy I haven't dedicated as much time to this thread as I thought I would LOL. Everything is still good with us. I'm almost 15 weeks. Never had morning sickness. Finally got all of my energy back so I've started going to the gym regularily again, and my taste in food is back to normal. My pee tests have so far been good. Blood pressure is awesome. I lost 17 pounds (due to my metabolism changing so much) but I'm just starting to gain again. I'll have to get pictures of my belly up soon. Tearing down the wallpaper in the nursery is one of my current projects. What a pain. All this baby stuff on my mind, I have a pregnant dog to think about, and I've started my own business so the garage is being turned into a shop...all of this with me working long hours and my husband working out of town 4 hours away...Life has been hectic!! The baby is supposedly 3.5 inches now...Next ultrasound is in May. Heard the heartbeat again yesterday, it sounds good! It's a slower heartbeat but I don't believe it means anything about the sex. I sure hope it's a boy though!!
    I've been BOO'd!

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)
    I love all the photos! I can't wait to be able to add my own to the mix.

I'm doing great, overall I've gained a pound or two at this point, but my belly's bigger than even in that photo I posted. I'm definitely looking pregnant (although people are always surprised that I'm as far along as I am). I love the way I look and feel, and have just in the last week, felt the baby really kick for the first time. David saw her kicking and that was really cool. I've felt her moving for the last three weeks or so, but more just waves or pressure, nothing like I felt last week for the first time. She's really a mover, I love it! She's had me doubled over a couple of times a work, so for a little thing, she's strong.

Carmen (Beeniesmom) sent me the sweetest little package. Adorable outfits, some pacifiers, a pink rubber ducky, I love everything! So, thank you again, my friend!

Here's a look at one side of the nursery closet (the rest of the closet is still stuff we need to find new homes for in the house). It's gettin' full already! The sizes range from 0 to 9 months, though, so we haven't gone totally crazy, yet. The green packages on the shelf are disposable diapers (several sizes). My mother's already sent several Bumgenius diapers, so we are well on our way to be stocked up!

The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

Quote Originally Posted by wolfsoul View Post
    Heard the heartbeat again yesterday, it sounds good! It's a slower heartbeat but I don't believe it means anything about the sex. I sure hope it's a boy though!!
    I was told that a slower heartbeat means it is a boy.

Hey Kari! Looks like you're well on your way to getting ready!
    I'm going baby clothes shopping tomorrow with my mother in law.
    They are having a Carter's sale at the base.
    Oh, and the crib was just delivered 15 minutes ago! It's the crib with dresser/changer combo. I can't wait to see it put together.
    Hubby will have a project this weekend!!!

Anyone know how many diapers of size one will I go though??

I bought 1 big box of pampers (I think there are 216 in it). Will I need more?

Quote Originally Posted by beeniesmom View Post
    I was told that a slower heartbeat means it is a boy.
    I will say that my boy's heartbeat has been consistently slower than his sister's ever was, and also, I had much less morning sickness with my boy. On the other hand, he kicks like a little soccer player, whereas his sister was more fluttery when she moved.

On the diaper question, if that big box is NB size, you may want to wait before buying more, just to see how long your little one stays in that size. Katherine stayed in them longer than I thought she would have, but a lot of babies don't stay in that size very long at all. You will go through a LOT of diapers, though, more than you would ever think. You can always stock up on size 1 & 2 diapers, though.

On another note, I have a tummy picture and a couple of other pictures I'll share later. I've just got to get them on Photobucket. They are on my blog, but I don't want to post the link on a public message board. (If anyone wants a link to the blog, feel free to PM me, though.)

Awwww! I just recieved this cute puppy rattle from Kari (finnsmom).
    It's baby girl's first puppy dog! It's so soft!
    Thanks Kari!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

That is just adorable!

Aw, Carmen, thanks for posting the picture! He's even cuter in person, though. I'm glad you like!
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

Hey ladies:

I got this in an email.

Free sample of Huggies new organic diapers.
    I love freebies and I'm sure you do too.

http://www.huggiespureandnatural.com/FreeSample.aspx

I went crazy shopping with my mother in law today. We really bought too much.
    The sale was good.

Filled out the free sample thing and it came up with some kind of error. Oh, well...I guess I'll see if it went through in 4-6 weeks, or I'll try again later.

I had my 37 week appointment today. Everything is still looking good.

Quote Originally Posted by prechrswife View Post
    Filled out the free sample thing and it came up with some kind of error. Oh, well...I guess I'll see if it went through in 4-6 weeks, or I'll try again later.

I had my 37 week appointment today. Everything is still looking good.
    Glad everything is looking well for you. It's very close now isn't it. I bet you are excited and can't wait at the same time.
    I'd say try again for the sample package. It worked for me.

Oooh! The mailman just brought me a package from Amber (gemini)!
    I love them. Thank you thank you!

Oh! Cute, Carmen! Amber also sent me a package with an adorable Dr Seuss outfit! I will have to take photos of the things you sent as well as her gift and post them on here.

Thanks, Amber!

Those little outfits are great in Florida, too. Katherine wore hers a lot. She had the cherry one and a couple of others. I've picked up some of the little boy versions this time because they are just so handy.