View Poll Results: Does your pet go to a groomer?

Voters
61. You may not vote on this poll
  • (DOG) Yes, regularly

22 36.07%
  • (DOG) Yes, only twice a year or less

6 9.84%
  • (DOG) No

20 32.79%
  • (CAT) Yes, regularly

1 1.64%
  • (CAT) Yes, but only once a year or less

5 8.20%
  • (CAT) No

7 11.48%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Has your pet been professionally groomed?

Has your pet been professionally groomed?

The poll got me wondering, does your pet go to a groomer?

My Rottie and Toller mix go to the groomers regularly. I take them to wags to whiskers, I think they do a great job.
    Last edited by Toller 42; 09-01-2004 at 02:00 PM.

Yes, Max the Persian goes to the groomers about twice a year because he won't let me comb his back end so he has to get shaved.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

Bella goes every six weeks. I bathe her and do her face and cut her toenails at the mid-point (3 weeks). I have only ever done Ripley myself.

In the past hubby and I groomed all of our poodles. We thought it would be a good idea to get Bella accustomed to a groomer since we aren't getting any younger and if the day should come when grooming her is too much of a handful. Ripley is easy as pie. I pop him in the kitchen sink for his bath and he stands still as a statue when I turn on the clippers.

No and No for Trevor and Andy. They groom themselves and hopefully are doing a good enough job.

Kai went to a groomer once. He looked so much better and was apparently an angel for her. (My dog!?! )

Kai [Sheltie], Kaedyn [Sheltie], Keeva [Malinois], Kwik [Malinois]

Well I work at a grooming salon, I guess I can be considered a "professional" and I groom Nebo, Reggie, and Sydney...does that count?

Brittany's are supposed to be groomed but we dont groom Sally. I brush her after bathes, and her nails get clipped-and painted!!- But has never been groomed profesionally.
    [size=1]Rachel & Sally

I groom all my animals myself. Bitsy is the only one who needs her hair cut and actually I did that yesterday. The other 3 dogs just need baths and their nails trimmed and the cats just get their nails trimmed.
    - Kari
    skin kids- Nathan, Topher, & Lilla

Kodie doesnt need to go b/c he's shorthaired,and we bathe him ourselves,and we never had to cut his toenails b/c they stay nice and short!

Prince went once and that wasn't a good experience at all, so he hasn't went back since. I am thinking we are going to bring him to a groomer next spring though.

Digger, Chubby, and Otis have never been to a groomer. They are quite easy to groom. They get a bath, get their toe nails clipped, brushed, etc.

I too work at a grooming place so I voted yes regularily as I bathe my dogs about once a month.
    I have also bathed my cats before, but I did that at home not at work.

*Thanks Ashley*

Disney goes regularly. I try to take her about every 10 weeks but this last time it was about 14 weeks and she was getting pretty shaggy.

From Decker with Love

Since Peej is a Cocker, he's groomed about once a month, much to his dismay, of course.

Bailey only needs her ear hair and foot hair cut, so we do that every time she has her bath.

yes, i have Jesse professionally groomed every 4-6 weeks. plus i work at our groomers!
    Last edited by cocker_luva; 12-02-2004 at 04:05 PM.
    Kari (me), Kiera (B&T Coonhound), Jesse (cocker), Jada (Ball Python), Derek (Betta)

Add Glitter to your Photos

~Kari~

(No Offense to ANY groomers here on PT)

My mom had a bad experince with her dog teddy. She took him to a groomer who knew NOTHING about grooming shelties, she wanted to cute off his hair on the back of his legs. Not only that when we went to pick him up one of the customers out in the parking lot stopped us and said that the groomer was rough with Teddy and that she would never take her dog back after watching the way she dealt with him and that my mom shouldn't either We were wondering because poor teddy walked out of there with his tail between his legs

My dad recently asked me if I would take Nova to the groomers because of her crazy shedding and I said NO WAY! The only way I would do it would be if I could stand right there and watch EVERYTHING they did.

I know some groomers aren't bad, but there are those bad ones, and thats what scares me.

Ashley
    Dogs: Nova, Konnor and Sitka