Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question for people who are against dyeing.

Question for people who are against dyeing.

Why are you against it?

I get lots of comments like aww the poor thing she's probly embarassed.
    Mind you they say that about her having no hair too

I just don't get how people think it's cruel.
    Last edited by buttercup132; 04-18-2008 at 09:13 AM.
    See ALL my pets here
    Dogs:Pixie.Shrek
    Cats:Milo.Duck.Hank.Molly.Zoe

R.I.P:Thunder.Rockee

I'm not against it at all. I dyed my poodle pink several times when I had her. I don't think it's possible for a dog to be embarassed. lol

Zoe and Oliver you will always be missed wait for me at the bridge babies.

Also owned by 2 cats named Olive and Sophie
    1 bunny named Houdini
    1 syrian hamster named Oreo
    A 17 year old cockatiel named Baby
    7 zebra finches named Beeper, Zeb, Sprout, Buzz, Scout, Jack and Pearl
    7 bettas
    and several tropical fish

Visit Lucy, Maggie, and Gracie's Doggyspace

It took me a minute to realize you meant dyEing - as in artificially coloring a dog's fur, as opposed to dying - the opposite of living. You should edit your title as the two have completely different meanings!
    I've Been Frosted

I'm not against as long as they aren't using harsh chemicals. People always said that we shouldn't laugh at our dog when she had a funny haircut because it gives them a complex... lol BULL. Whenever we would laugh she would wag her tail and get all excited lol. she just liked the extra attention the haircut got her.

R.I.P my dear Sweet Teddy. You will be missed forever. We love you.

http://www.hannahshands.etsy.com

I too understood dying as in kick the bucket.... hehehe

I'm very against dying. I'd just prefer me and my loved ones stay alive as long as possible

As for dyeing, it's not really my thing and I would not personally do it, but if someone else wants to and it doesn't harm the dog in any way I have no objections.
    Mom to Raven and Rudy the greyhound

Missing always: Tasha & Tommy, at the Rainbow Bridge

I too am against dying, I'm trying to stay around as long as I can. Actually, I'm not against dyeing your pups as long as you're 'safe' about it. The types of dogs I have I think it would be silly. But I could see a Crested or say a Poodle.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

When Zoee got skunked last year she was pink for a while from the tomato juice. Hee hee.
    And I do think dogs can be embarrassed. Years ago we had an Aussie and he got mange on his rear. His whole rear had to be shaved. He was an outside dog that wasn't chained or confined. He always chased cars (biting at the tires) coming or going on our long driveway. When his bottom was shaved he wouldn't come out from under the parked car! Not even when cars were moving. I do believe he was embarrassed.
    But anyway, I don't really have anything against dyeing a dog. I thought Nino was cute as a purple pup. And so is Pixie as a pinky.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Everyone knows my stance on dyeing hair! Animals or human, I just don't see how there's any real arguments against it.

Niņo & Eliza

As long as its done properly I really have nothing against it.

I do believe that dogs can get embarassed, one of the dogs I used to groom would hide away after having a haircut he used to go into depression mode for the next week then come around.

BC,

With all due respect, you've already posted a thread about dyeing your CATS. Almost everyone here I know posted their opinions. Why do you feel the need to beat an already dead issue with dogs????

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

lol alright, alright I'm against dying too it looks like it's spelled wrong spelling it dyeing.

The types of dogs I have I think it would be silly
    I agree it would look funny on bigger dogs unless they are a Poodle or something.

As for the embarassed thing I think they can get embarassed but from getting clipped. The way the dyeing is done (at least the way I do it) it's just like having a bath and she plays outside while waiting for it to dry. So she can't tell the difference.

With all due respect, you've already posted a thread about dyeing your CATS. Almost everyone here I know posted their opinions. Why do you feel the need to beat an already dead issue with dogs????
    That was totally different the cats didn't have hair and I never asked for anyone's opinion in that thread either. I do belive most people saying they were against it was because it was directly on the skin.
    See ALL my pets here
    Dogs:Pixie.Shrek
    Cats:Milo.Duck.Hank.Molly.Zoe

R.I.P:Thunder.Rockee

Okay. True.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

You asked why people are against it. May I ask why are you for it?

I no longer have a dog, but if we did, I wouldn't dye it. What purpose would that serve?

I currently am owned by 2 cats as my dogs have passed on and I haven't gotten any new dogs yet (soooooooon!!) But this posting brought back some of my favorite memories of them:

When my all white husky was skunked, he too got a Tomato Juice bath...It didn't work but he looked like the energizer husky until we took him to the vet for a "real de-skunking bath". Then he came home as beautiful white as he ever was. I don't think HE minded being pink but I didn't like it

As for my terrier mix, she would die from embarrassment when she'd come home from the groomer with a new furr-do and a bow on her collar. We'd have to cut the bow off immediately and noone in the house was allowed to say anything about her new look. There was no "Sydney, you look sooo pretty" allowed!