Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Will he survive? (URGENT EMERGENCY!)

Will he survive? (URGENT EMERGENCY!)

One of my little baby goldfish is having trouble. He is not swimming effortlessly, like he is supposed to. He's swimming with all his energy it looks like. Everytime he gets near the bottom of the tank, he floats back up. He's alive, I know. But I want to know if I can nurse him back to health in a large tub-o-war contanier, I took him out of his bigger tank because I didn't want him to get his other goldfish friends sick. Will he survive without a filter? And how do I help him? Is there any way anyone knows what his problem is? Thanks and please reply ASAP, this is URGENT!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fish 014.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	3.2 KB 
ID:	30024   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fish 015.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	4.7 KB 
ID:	30025  

I'm so anxious... I really hope I can get some help today, I don't know what to do. I won't flush him, that would break my heart, I've got to at least try.

Once you guys reply if I know for sure he will survive I'll switch him into a bigger goldfish tank where he will be alone until he recovers (which he hopefully will!)

When he gets to the top of the tank does he just float down?

I found a very helpful article that may help you:
    http://www.texaskoi.com/Articles/gol...g_problems.htm

Good luck and I hope your fish survives.

It sounds like swimbladder to me. One of my bettas is currently recovering from it.
    He should be fine without a filter as long as the space he is in is large enough and you make sure to not let the ammonia or anything get too high. Since you know goldfish produce alot of waste, the space he's in probably needs to be fairly big.
    Zippy's betta had this problem not too long ago, and she got some good advice in that thread, which is HERE.

and even if he dies, don't flush him..
    ♥Bri [HUMAN]♥
    ♥Lily [POMERANIAN], Brennan [APBT], Bailey [APBT/HOUND MIX]♥
    ♥Tallulah[CALICO], Domino [TUXIE]♥
    ♥Peach [RAT], Pepper [RAT], Phoebe [RAT], and PipSqueak [RAT]
    ♥Salvatore [BETTA]♥

“Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be what you want to be,
    because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do.”

In Loving Memory <3
    Roxy Lily Brennan
    Facebook TigerLily Photography

Thank you all a lot!

Quote Originally Posted by Roxyluvsme13
    and even if he dies, don't flush him..
    Umm... duh I don't flush fish. I bury them.

Quote Originally Posted by zoomer

Umm... duh I don't flush fish. I bury them.
    Well, you mentioned flushing, so just making sure . (I bury my fish, too lol)
    ♥Bri [HUMAN]♥
    ♥Salvatore [BETTA]♥

because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do.”

In Loving Memory <3
    Roxy Lily Brennan

Well, you mentioned flushing, so just making sure . (I bury my fish, too lol)
    Yeah, I was just saying I wouldn't flush him. If flushing ever happened in this house it's because of my dad did it

Heh, I am (obviously, heh) not a fish expert. I cannot really give much direct advice. You may want to talk with a vet (maybe one who delves in exotics? I am not sure), aquarium suppliers, etc.

I guess the only thing I can offer in relation to advice is that it sounds like it has something to do with something internal and not his water conditions.

OH! Also, I had fish that would sleep or just be on their sides. If I gave a light tap on the tank, they got up with no struggle, so maybe it's just a "thing" or habit or trait, even?

I hope all turns out well! I am always super upset when my fish pass. My betta died a few weeks ago and it'll probably be a while before I find another to *heart*.

Thank you everyone for the advice! I put the little guy in a large goldfish tank on my book shelf. I'll hold back his feeding for 2 days and see how it goes. I'm trying to think of a name for him... suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by zoomer
    Thank you everyone for the advice! I put the little guy in a large goldfish tank on my book shelf. I'll hold back his feeding for 2 days and see how it goes. I'm trying to think of a name for him... suggestions?
    Good luck with the little guy! He reminds me of a Spot..
    ♥Bri [HUMAN]♥
    ♥Salvatore [BETTA]♥

In Loving Memory <3
    Roxy Lily Brennan

Good luck with the little guy! He reminds me of a Spot..
    Thank you, I'll keep you all updated about him so keep checking back. He reminds me of a spot too, but I already have a Koi named Spot Any other suggestions?

Ahh, in that case.. how about Dot? No, um... How about.. Pepper? Cuz he looks like he has some black and white on him..
    ♥Bri [HUMAN]♥
    ♥Salvatore [BETTA]♥

In Loving Memory <3
    Roxy Lily Brennan

Ahh, in that case.. how about Dot? No, um... How about.. Pepper? Cuz he looks like he has some black and white on him..
    Dot is a cool name I already have a pet name Peppur , my hammy, I kind of want something that represents him surviving, though.