Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rocky is not doing well :(

Rocky is not doing well :(

I haven't seen Rocky and Emma for a couple of weeks, and I found that Rocky was looking bad when I saw him today. He seemed weaker than before, and he definitely lost weight. When I asked, my mother told me that he's not eating well, and that he doesn't like to join them on a walk. Is this the beginning of the end? Remember, he had this extremely enlarged spleen gland (probably cancer), and I thought I could see a mass in his lower abdomen today. Last Christmas, he was already doing very bad and their vet told them to be prepared for the worst. He recovered and enjoyed his life again, especially with baby Emma, but now he seems to relapse...

But his obviously declining health doesn't keep him away from the realization that Emma is a girl, and that she is maturing! The other way around, Emma is also very interested now in his rear end... and she's only four and half months old! How old is a doggie girl when she first comes into heat? Of course she's going to be spayed when it's time, especially as Rocky is still "intact". Emma's just teething, btw.

Here are two pictures of them that I took today, you can see that Emma is almost a teenager now!

Please keep Rocky in your thoughts!

Kirsten

Yes, she is maturing, but she is still cute as a button. Looks like she and Rocky have become very good friends. Positive thoughts going out for that big handsome guy.

Aww, poor Rocky! He'll definetley be in my thoughts and prayers. I hope he gets well soon! Keep us updated.

Emma is such a pretty girl! Oh my gosh has she grown! They come into their first heat at 6 months.

poor Rocky! He'll be in my thoughts and prayers. (((hugs))) Emma is beautiful!
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

Kirsten,

Rocky and Emma look so sweet in those pictures. And, I am so sorry that Rocky is not feeling up to snuff!!! His facial expression is so kind and gentle. Emma has certainly provided him with the stamina to go on, as most puppies do with older dogs.

In an answer to your inquirey about little Emma, female dogs generally go into their first heat at 6 months of age, but this can vary from dog to dog.

I"m sharing this link with you, Okay?

http://www.dogchatforum.com/dog_in_heat.htm

Thank-You for sharing another picture of Rocky !!!! Give him a {{{HUG}}}}!!

I will keep him in my thoughts .

Thank you for keeping Rocky in your thoughts!

I will tell my mother about the six months, I think she believes it's 8 or 9 months. Also, her vet has told her not to spay her before she's one year old, but of course they don't want her to be pregnant!

Kirsten

I'm sorry Rocky isn't feeling well & do hope he has many, many more
    good days to come.Sometimes I think they know better than we do when
    the final days are on them. So sad to see.Female dogs can get pregnant
    as early as 5 1/2 mos. It depends on the size of the breed. Of course, it is
    not good for the female or the pups.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Thank you!

I had no idea that dogs can get pregnant at such a young age!! I need to have a word with my mother, and I wonder why her vet recommended not to spay her before she's one year old? After all, she's living with a male rottie!!

Kirsten

Poor Rocky, I will keep him in my prayers and hope the end isn't too soon. Yes that adorable Emma is becoming a teenager a beautiful one too! Cute pictures they look like they are getting along great!
    [muneca]&[chiquita]

Yes, they are very good pals, and Emma adores Rocky. I guess it will be hard for her when Rocky isn't around anymore...

Kirsten

Poor Rocky. I'll keep him in my thoughts. Gentle ((hugs)) to him!
    And both of them are so beautiful and happy together. I can never get enough pictures of those two!

They may have suggested it becouse larger breed dogs need the mormones to help develop more of the skeltal structure for strength. But your folks will have to be very alert to her coming in to heat. and seprate them quickly. It would be very hard on little Emma to have pups at this age. It would be better to have her spay than that happen.
    Sorry to hear the old boy is not doing so well. I am always nervous about reading your posts about him. Just love that pretty boy.
    I've been boo'dMerlin my angel

Kristen I'm always so glad you keep us updated about Rocky. I can see that he's lost some major weight and I'm sorry to hear he's no longer enjoying walks. Of course I always have hope he'll be around for quite a while more as I know Emma is going to miss him like crazy. Thank you for the pictures also. When you see him again please give him a big hug from me.

Emma is growing into a beautiful young lady

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

Hugs and prayers for Rocky!!
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy
    **Don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die!**

I suffer from multiple Shepherd syndrome

Gentle hugs for Rocky, he will be in my thoughts. Emma has grown so much, she is absolutely adorable!

Ashley & Crossbone ("mini ACD")
    Living with my parent's: Jack (Lab/Beagle), Micki & Mini (JRTS)
    RIP Kyra: 07/11/04 - 11/3/12; Shadow: 4/2/96 - 3/17/08