Thread: Found another dog on the loose.

Found another dog on the loose.

Just thought I would share.

My husband had just come back with our three dogs and was getting them out of the car and he saw a dog out loose. Of course he told me not to go near it. Yeah right!!!

There is no way I was going to let that dog go on running around. I could tell he/she didn't have a collar on and she looked like a big puppy. So, I walked across our street (which is really really hot in the summertime with no shoes on...OUCH!) and called for her. She stood and stared at me for a few minutes and I creeped closer and finally she came running up to me ! She was so soft, so clean and SO BEAUTIFUL!!! I wanted her soooo bad but I knew right away that someone was missing this baby. I told my husband to grab a collar and leash. He was not happy and emphatically said WE ARE NOT KEEPING HER! I said I know because she has not been loose for long and lives around here. I just wanted to get her some water and start walking door to door with her to find her home.

As I started walking back across the street with her to my front yard, guess who drives by? HER MAMA ! She hit the brakes and said that was her dog. Appearantly she has a collar and tags but slipped out of it. The guy at home didn't even know she was gone and I think mama was a bit pissed. That kind of ticked me off... you gotta pay attention but we all make mistakes.

So it all ended well. I just can't imagaine what might have happened to that beautiful dog had my husband not seen her. I dread the thought...

Sorry to ramble... I just love happy endings.

------------------

[This message has been edited by doggiemom (edited June 16, 2001).]

I love happy endings too! Thanks for sharing your story with us. It's a good thing you picked that pup up; who knows what could have happened to her if she kept on running. What kind of dog was she? I am sure her mom was very thankful! Nice work doggiemom!

Hooray!!!

------------------

Good for you!!! Your husband sounds like mine. Every time I say about a cute dog, the first thing he says is NO MORE!!!! I guess one of us has to be the sensible one.