Thread: Ny,ny

Ny,ny

URGENT

PERMISSION TO CROSSPOST FOR THIS BEAUTIFUL GIRL

DAHLIA

A Video of me about 3 weeks ago (sweetness in full effect!!!!)

http://www.youtube. com/watch? v=OmoG2TFzgwA

My name is Dahlia. I'm a 4 year old spayed female cat. A building super found me in an empty apartment after my former humans were evicted. The super took me to the city's high kill shelter on 110th Street in Manhattan. I caught a cold there and the day before I was scheduled to be euthanized I was adopted by a nice young lady. I got better and things were going pretty well in my new home which I shared with mom, dad, and a toddler until my new family moved to a no pets building just 2 months after adopting me. They found a new family for me in Queens, but after a few months my Queens family left me at the Brooklyn kill shelter with no explanation. Rescuers saw what a nice and gentle girl I am and they felt that after being passed from home around that I deserved a real FOREVER home. Foster mom took me out of the shelter but within a few days I lost hair on my nose and the vet did a test and told us that I have ringworm - it's not a worm but a fungus that lives on the surface of the skin. The vet shaved my long thick panda coat leaving me with just Ugg boots on my paws and a lion tuft on the tip of my tail. I was moved into a cage because my condition is contagious and there are two other cats in my foster home.

I am sweet, patient, trusting and gentle. I was in my cage for 2 months waiting to get better but I didn't really make any progress until I went to a new foster home where there are no other kitties. I have been able to walk around outside of the cage for about a week now. Even though I'm so gentle and sweet, the stress of the cage suppresses my immune system and if I go back in I may never get better. I need a home with an experienced and patient human who will put medicated cream on my nose and ears everyday. I am otherwise healthy, weigh 10lb and have a great appetite. I love wet food, dry food and treats! My favorite thing is to just be petted by my human. If you pet me I will march my paws up and down and flick my little tuft in delight. I'm not hyper or playful. I'm mellow and mostly just LOVE affection and interacting with humans and laying the windowsill. I don't like to be carried but I love to be brushed and petted. I don't like other cats so I would be VERY happy as the only cat in the household. If you are someone who only wants ONE furry companion, then I am the perfect girl for you. I just need my VERY OWN human who will take care of me forever. I need a home where I can stay and be loved and where I will never be moved again, fur real. If you give me a chance you will not regret it because I am as sweet and loving as I look.

PLEASE CONTACT COLLEEN DIRECLTY AT COLLEENMAR@YAHOO. COM
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DAHLIA1.bmp 
Views:	87 
Size:	506.3 KB 
ID:	43969   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DAHLIA2.bmp 
Views:	79 
Size:	506.3 KB 
ID:	43970  
    GILL & Crew;

Oh she's beautiful, John! If only I had an unlimited budget and lots more room.......
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

My wife keeps saying we need a bigger house. MUST HIT LOTTERY
    GILL & Crew;

Quote Originally Posted by GILL View Post
    My wife keeps saying we need a bigger house. MUST HIT LOTTERY
    I agree, maybe we all should start playing the Lottery. We need a bigger place but we can't afford to take in anymore. Not at the moment. I'm just forwarding these on and hopefully someone will offer a wonderful home.

Melissa

All of need bigger houses and to hit the lottery. With 12 and my daughter probably having to move back in with us will bring us to 14, my husband would shoot me................
    It really breaks my heart and I wish I could open my home to them all. I will pray and ask that God will grant this beauty a true forever home.
    I don't get on Pet Talk as often, cause it makes me sad.
    Heaven is the place of final and complete happinees God has prepared for us----and if animals are necessary to make us happy in heaven, then you can be sure God will have them there. Reverend Billy Graham