Thread: Do any of you have prayer requests??

  1. #2101
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Northern Colorado
    Posts
    2,559
    I'm going through a rough patch emotionally and financially. I could really use some prayers and good thoughts.

    Now I will get caught up on this thread and send out prayers to the many who need them.


    Many thanks to Roxyluvsme13 & k9krazee for my great new siggy!!
    *click* Kirk's Recovery Thread *click*

  2. #2102
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Santa Clara, CA
    Posts
    27,644
    Prayers are going out to everyone who needs them. I need some prayers and positive thoughts for my baby girl Ziggy Stardust. She's currently in the hospital and my vet diagnosed her with mild pancreatitis on Wed. I was trying to treat her at home but she was still vomiting and not eating and was even slightly dehydrated even though I gave her 100cc of fluids this morning. I brought her back to the vets and I decided have her hospitalized. I hope to be able to bring her home tomorrow. The urgent care vet called me tonight and said that she was open mouth breathing and so far she hasn't vomited. I know she's very stressed out so I hope that I didn't make the wrong decision. Thanks in advance.
    Owned by Sky, Pearl, Ziggy Stardust, Alani, Blaze, Colby, Finnegan, and Summer.


    My Rainbow Bridge Babies:
    RB Pepper 3/17/97- 2/3/03 RIP Sweet Pepper
    RB Starr 3/22/05- 7/1/09 RIP Sweet Starr
    RB Sunny 8/25/00- 2/28/10 RIP Sweet Sunny
    RB Storm 1/11/96- 8/2/12 RIP Sweet Storm

  3. #2103
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Location
    Waltham, MA, USA
    Posts
    36,757
    Awww, poor baby Ziggy. She and you will be in our prayers.

    As will you be, Kater. You know you're gonna have a worldwide cheering section when you graduate from vet school, doncha?

    Prayers said for everyone who posts, I just don't post that every time I read one.
    I've Been Frosted

  4. #2104
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    21,021

    PLEASE need all the PT Prayers possible

    PLEASE need all the PT Prayers possible

    I have known John and Meredith for a few years. They were instrumental in starting the organization below after John miraculously survived a two-years-to-live cancer prognosis and went into complete remission.

    http://www.wellspringcalgary.com/about.asp

    On June 11, there was a grand opening of Carma House, a new facility that was gifted to Wellspring!
    http://www.wellspringcalgary.com/med...%20release.pdf

    ONE HOUR before the opening, John was told his cancer had come back. He has been through a very aggressive and brutal chemotherapy - which improved the bloodwork results - but now he is intubated, in isolation ICU, his lungs full of fluid. Everyone is doing everything they can - and they can do NO more chemo until John pulls through this stage.

    Meredith says that the prayers are palpable, and they are coming from all over. PT Prayers are amazing, please send them out.

    John is 56, a wonderful husband, dad, survivor and just really good guy who turned his own past struggle into a vital resource for others.

    Prayers....thank you!
    "I like physics, but I love cartoons." -- Stephen Hawking

  5. #2105
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Never has the Last word.
    Posts
    14,292
    Please pray for a friend of a friend.
    Her name is Kara and she's only 23 years old and they think she had a TIA (transient ischemic attack - mini stroke) yesterday with a 33% chance of having a full blown stroke within 30 days. She has a toddler and is a single mom.
    thanks
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

  6. #2106
    Quote Originally Posted by shais_mom View Post
    Please pray for a friend of a friend.
    Her name is Kara and she's only 23 years old and they think she had a TIA (transient ischemic attack - mini stroke) yesterday with a 33% chance of having a full blown stroke within 30 days. She has a toddler and is a single mom.
    thanks
    Oh goodness, so young. Of course, prayers are going up right now that Kara will heal quickly, easily and in peace.
    Blessings,
    Mary



    "Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

  7. #2107
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    3,092
    that poor girl...prayers on the way for Kara...this is really heartbreaking to hear.
    she must be so worried for her child and her health.

    Thank You Kim for this wonderful siggy

    "When the power of love overcomes the love of power ,the world will know peace" jimi hendrix

  8. #2108
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    3,092
    CATTY 1
    prayers for John to pull thru on this one.
    i hope he gets plenty of rest!

    Thank You Kim for this wonderful siggy

    "When the power of love overcomes the love of power ,the world will know peace" jimi hendrix

  9. #2109
    Quote Originally Posted by Catty1 View Post
    PLEASE need all the PT Prayers possible

    I have known John and Meredith for a few years. They were instrumental in starting the organization below after John miraculously survived a two-years-to-live cancer prognosis and went into complete remission.

    http://www.wellspringcalgary.com/about.asp

    On June 11, there was a grand opening of Carma House, a new facility that was gifted to Wellspring!
    http://www.wellspringcalgary.com/med...%20release.pdf

    ONE HOUR before the opening, John was told his cancer had come back. He has been through a very aggressive and brutal chemotherapy - which improved the bloodwork results - but now he is intubated, in isolation ICU, his lungs full of fluid. Everyone is doing everything they can - and they can do NO more chemo until John pulls through this stage.

    Meredith says that the prayers are palpable, and they are coming from all over. PT Prayers are amazing, please send them out.

    John is 56, a wonderful husband, dad, survivor and just really good guy who turned his own past struggle into a vital resource for others.

    Prayers....thank you!
    Prayers are going up for John and his complete healing and for peace of mind for his family and all concerned.
    Blessings,
    Mary



    "Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

  10. #2110
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Never has the Last word.
    Posts
    14,292
    they actually have decided that Kara had an episode of a variant migraine.

    http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/1142731-overview

    still scary - but thankfully not a TIA or a stroke..
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

  11. #2111
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Location
    Waltham, MA, USA
    Posts
    36,757
    Quote Originally Posted by shais_mom View Post
    they actually have decided that Kara had an episode of a variant migraine.

    http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/1142731-overview

    still scary - but thankfully not a TIA or a stroke..
    Wow, good to hear, and hopefully she will figure out her triggers and how to avoid another migraine. The brain is such a tricky thing!
    I've Been Frosted

  12. #2112
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    21,021
    Thank you all for your prayers. I just received this in an email from our church:

    It is with immense sadness that we inform you that John passed away peacefully in the presence of his family on Sunday night. Plans for his service are being made today and we will let you know the details when we receive them.

    Please continue to pray for peace and comfort for Meredith and the Stephure family.

    Peace and love to each of you,
    I now know what is meant by "a long and courageous fight". John - and all who loved him - fought that fight bravely and with hope.

    Rest well, John - I am honoured to have known you.
    "I like physics, but I love cartoons." -- Stephen Hawking

  13. #2113
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    West Columbia, SC
    Posts
    1,819
    Sending prayers for all that need them. I'm so grateful for the good and healthy life I have. I wish the same for all of you and yours, human and furry.

  14. #2114
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    7,908
    I have a prayer request....

    That I pass my final and test that I'm taking on wednesday...

    Kaitlyn (the human)
    Sadie & Rita (Forever in Our Hearts) (the Labbies)

  15. #2115
    Andy's (Mr Fett) dad, Roger, is in the hospital. They doctors are not sure what is wrong. It's possible he's had another flare up of diverticulitis. A couple years ago he had a section of intestine removed because of that.

    Marilyn said she'd call when the test results came back. The doctors are trying to make Roger comfortable, but the pain meds make him very sick.
    ~Kimmy, Kia, Chipper, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, June, Mei, Jasper, Esme, Lucy Inara, & Morla

    Thanks Kfamr for the sig!

    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Similar Threads

  1. We Thank You foe all those Friendship Requests
    By catmandu in forum Cat General
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 12-22-2008, 03:08 PM
  2. Two requests for prayer, please.
    By zippy-kat in forum General
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 09-19-2004, 11:33 AM
  3. Sig Requests
    By ScantyNebula in forum General
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-14-2004, 11:43 PM
  4. Replies: 52
    Last Post: 08-21-2003, 11:42 PM
  5. Two prayer requests
    By zippy-kat in forum General
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 05-09-2003, 10:59 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Copyright © 2001-2013 Pet of the Day.com