Thread: Do any of you have prayer requests??

I know I haven't been around here long and don't come around much, but my grandmother needs prayers.

Two days ago she suffered a severe stroke. My poppop found her that evening when he came home from work and rushed her right to the hospital. No one knew when during the day it happened; my dad thinks it was in the morning since he found toast and coffee on her table in the apartment from breakfast. The doctors said they wouldn't know if she would be okay until the received back test results that next day (which was yesterday.)

I went back to the hospital after work yesterday. The nurse said there was no activity on the right side of my grandmom's brain, meaning she might not be able to breathe, eat/drink on her own. There was an option to unhook her from the machines she was on, which was giving her oxygen and nutrients, to see if she could do it herself. The nurse did warn us that many people painlessly die within a half hour. So the chances were very slim. The whole family came together and made the decision to do it, either she would make it or she would be at peace in Heaven. My poppop asked for a priest to come before anything happened. We all stood around her bedside and prayed. Then the nurse took everything out. My grandmom was not only breathing on her own, but she was wiggling her toes and moving her hand as well as squeezing it. This gave everyone hope. Miraculously, an hour passed and nothing wrong happened. The nurse hooked her back up with medicine because she felt there could be progress.

It was so scary seeing my grandmother like that. So sudden too, it shocked everyone. It was nice to see her whole family there: her children, her grandchildren, brothers and sisters, and friends. She's really the person in our family that brings everyone together. I'm trying so hard to remain optimistic. She's a very strong woman, she has to pull through.

Please hold my grandmother in your prayers.

RIP Sally

God, please be with the people fighting the fires in Colorado. Please help them to bring the fire under control so it can be put out. Colorado is so beautiful.
    I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom View Post
    God, please be with the people fighting the fires in Colorado. Please help them to bring the fire under control so it can be put out. Colorado is so beautiful.
    Amen!
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

Dear God, thank You for all of the very special people, dogs, cats and pets of PT. Thank You for the PTers who encourage and motivate me when I am down. They help me to try to be a better person.

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Critically injured Colorado shooting victim suffers miscarriage

Prayers requested for this victim of the Colorado shootings:

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/critically-...040037510.html

DENVER (Reuters) - The critically injured mother of the six-year-old girl killed in the Denver-area movie theater shooting rampage has suffered a miscarriage as a result of her injuries, her family said on Saturday.
    Prayers to all the injured and grieving people in Colorado.
    "To begin, begin." ~William Wordsworth

I can't find the thread Phred originally started for Sammy but I got a Care Page message that she is back in the hospital with a high fever. Prayers said for Sammy and family

Prayers for wonderful Samantha - I hope her fever comes down rapidly and she is going to be alright.

Just found out my daughters friend from junior high got killed tonight in a car accident her young child was also killed, her 8 or 9 year old and husband are in critical condition, son is on life support. I just reconnected with her on facebook, I was so proud of her, she got pregnant at 14, she kept the child, she was raised in a broken home and not much support from mom, her mom had boyfriend in jail etc, Amber had the child got her schooling, went on to join the army, found a great guy got married and had another child, she worked her butt off to turn her life around I was so proud of her I am crying so hard right now. She was always so polite and respectful to me and such a great mom, what a horrible loss.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

I am so sorry.
    I've been Frosted (thanks, Elyse and Karen!).

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    "Cats," he said eventually. "Cats are nice."

-- Terry Pratchett, Sourcery

Quote Originally Posted by phesina View Post
    I am so sorry.
    Thank you very much, still haven't heard if her other son will make it, sounds like her husband is out of the woods.

I have been frosted!

Quote Originally Posted by caseysmom View Post
    Thank you very much, still haven't heard if her other son will make it, sounds like her husband is out of the woods.
    Sad update, 6 year old Keith has joined his mother and brother in heaven....so sad...

I have been frosted!

Prayers, pleaser!

This is from one of the radio hosts that I have worked with many times, Annie, and she has become a dear friend:

Please send you very best healing thoughts for Luke, our wonderful Cavalier. He is seriously ill with hemolytic anemia and killing his own blood cells off . His chances are 50/50. We are using all our skills and knowledge and making use of conventional and alternative therapies. Still waggin his tail even though he is close to needing a blood transfusion.
    Her husband and she have a veterinary practice, so Luke is in the best of hands, but I told her I would enlist the Pet Talk Prayer Pawtrol for little Luke!
    I've Been Frosted

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    I could use some of those amazing PT Prayers if anyone has some extras just laying around. I'll be having an MRI on my knee this Friday, which will determine whether I will need a partial knee replacement. Yes - they can do partials in some cases. I will have the results the following Tuesday. Please send some good vibes - for an easy solution - and no surgery please. Thanks everyone.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Prayers and good wishes for you, Ellie, that all goes well.

I've been Frosted (thanks, Elyse and Karen!).

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    "Cats," he said eventually. "Cats are nice."

-- Terry Pratchett, Sourcery

Prayers are already being prayed for you, Ellie. I'm going to make a call and have you put on our prayer concerns list at our church. Let us know how things work out?
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE