Thread: Hurt Sea Gulls

Hurt Sea Gulls

I saw a hurt Sea Gull today. Someone had thrown a ping pong ball in to the bay and this sea gull had b it down on the ping pong ball causing it's beak to being stuck like a vice. This sea gull can never eat again and may starve to death. I finally got hold of ASCPA and thank goodness they are going to at least try and catch the sea gull but it's very hard because sea gulls are weary of humans. Sea Gulls have rights too.
    Sandy Frost

That's terrible. I hope they can help that poor bird. So many animals are hurt through humans polluting the environment.
    cats4ever

I hope and pray the ASPCA can help.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Sir Terry Pratchett (19482015), Sourcery

Blog Entries
    Good on ya for calling the ASPCA, that means a lot! Especially for the seagull! I was fishing off a pier with my husband one day and a seagull flew after and tried to swallow the sardine on the end of the hook. Had to reel up the poor guy and twist out the hook. There was a bit of damage but the poor thing flew off and we wished him the best. It never occurred to us that could happen but three other people helped us, so kind. First time I ever held a seagull. I love seagulls, I'm hopeful he was fine. The seagull might be easier to catch if he is weak and hungry, they are smarter than we think sometimes and will accept help. All the best, fingers crossed!

How sad - people forget our trash and discards can literally be deadly to wildlife. Thank you for calling the ASPCA, hopefully they can find and catch and help the poor bird!
    I've Been Frosted

Blog Entries
    Sometimes it's not as hard as it sounds. Poor bird won't be easy to miss. Food lure and a good net..... l'm a glass half full kinda person. Doable me thinks. Hopin' for the bes!!!!!!