Thread: Remember me?

Remember me?

Hi everyone! Not sure if you remember me...it's been a long, long time since I've visited PT. Just thought I'd give an update on our feathered and human family!

First the sad news...

Popcorn (our lutino cockatiel) passed away 2 months ago, after sharing 17 beautiful years with our family. We got him as a baby back when I was a young teen. He was with me through my graduations, marriage, kids...it was so, so hard to see him go. I don't think I've cried so hard in years as I did when he died. Poor thing was old, weak, and suffering a lot. We had taken him to the vet several times the month before he passed away but it became clear that his time had come, and nothing could be done. He died of old age.

Muffin is still with us and doing well. She is also 17, and it makes me sad because I don't know how much time we have left with her, but we are cherishing every moment.

Now for the happy news...

God has blessed us once again, with a beautiful baby girl. She is our 3rd baby. My first child (a boy) is now 6 and starting 1st grade soon. (Where does the time go?!?) My little girl is 4, and our baby is 5 weeks, although technically she is still not due for another week! My pregnancy this time was very scary...I had a number of conditions but developed preeclampsia towards the end, which got bad and I ended up having to spend some time at the hospital. I had my baby at 34 weeks, and she had to spend 3 weeks in the NICU. She was super tiny...more like a kitten than human...lol. She's doing well, growing and at home with us now. We feel very blessed to have her, and it is such a joy to have 3 lovely children.

Hope you are all doing well, and the pets are all doing well. You will not be seeing much of me still...I'm a busy mom with 3 now! Just thought I'd give a quick update!

Aww, what nice news! I was a premie myself, so glad your little one is home and thriving! So sorry to hear about Popcornbird - I bet he met Paul when he got to the Rainbow Bridge, as after getting to know your Popcornbird, he referred to all cockatiels as "popcorn birds!"

So glad to hear from you, dear friend! I am due to have a new grand-niece on July 24th, so that of course means any day now! She's her mom's first baby, so we are very excited! What does Muffin think of the new little one?
    I've Been Frosted

Your grand niece is pretty much the same gestational age as my daughter! I was actually 'due' July 20! She just couldn't wait to get out in this world.

Thanks for your update, I remember you, of course!

I think you had only one baby last you were here, and now two more... how nice! Sorry about the complications with the last one. That must have been scary.

So sorry to hear you have lost Popcorn, but he had a good long life with you. I'm glad Muffin is still with you. I too wonder what Muffin think of the new little one?

Keep us updated when you can... and take care!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

popcornbird - congratulations on your two new children! I think you were pregnant for the second time when we last heard from you.

I am so so sorry to hear about Popcorn. Cockatiels have very vibrant personalities, and Pop will be - and is - deeply missed.

You are a busy momma, but thanks so much for the update and I hope you sneak a few more messages in from time to time!
    "Procrastinate now; don't put it off." -- Ellen DeGeneres

Of course we remember you!!! Oh, what fun times we "old timers" shared here on Pet Talk so many years ago. So many have gone from being teenagers to college grads, married with children! My sincere condolences on the passing of Popcorn, a Pet Talk original and one much loved Pet Talk family member. But blessedly Muffin is still with you, and with the addition of a new 2 legger to the family, well, you're surely one busy mom! And I'm so sorry to hear of your pregnancy complications; eclampsia is a serious complication! But happily you and the new addition came through with flying colors! You take care now, and check back every now and then. We miss you!

XO
    Sandra

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Oh yes, of course I remember yo u!!
    Happy to hear that you are 3 times a mom now! I bet you are a great mom
    So sorry to hear about Popcorn's passing.....

I don't know if you remember my cats? Sydney died at only 1 year 11months. He had a heart condition
    I have 4 cats, and they are all getingeld too now.
    My eldest Maya is 14,5. I don't think she will het much older as she has Kidney failure
    Inka (has CH) will be 14 next month.
    Zazou (tux) is almost 13, and finally little Snoopy. Snoopy is 10, but she is still a tiny cat; intact she looks only 1 year old!!

Hope to hear from you more often from now on!?

Sandra, yes preeclampsia is very serious! I have never had it in a previous pregnancy so it was unexpected, and very scary to deal with. Towards the end of my pregnancy, my blood pressure had spiked to 180/100, which is why they kept me at the hospital for 10 days! They said it was very dangerous to let me go home with a blood pressure that high, and they wanted to keep me pregnant until 34 weeks to give the baby some extra time to develop. It was a hard, hard time, followed by relief after the delivery but hardship again having to leave her there for over 3 weeks. It is only with God's mercy that we both came out of it fine and healthy. We are SO grateful to HIM! I'm pretty sure we're done having kids after that scare though! We are blessed to have these 3. ❤️

Quote Originally Posted by popcornbird View Post
    Sandra, yes preeclampsia is very serious! I have never had it in a previous pregnancy so it was unexpected, and very scary to deal with. Towards the end of my pregnancy, my blood pressure had spiked to 180/100, which is why they kept me at the hospital for 10 days! They said it was very dangerous to let me go home with a blood pressure that high, and they wanted to keep me pregnant until 34 weeks to give the baby some extra time to develop. It was a hard, hard time, followed by relief after the delivery but hardship again having to leave her there for over 3 weeks. It is only with God's mercy that we both came out of it fine and healthy. We are SO grateful to HIM! I'm pretty sure we're done having kids after that scare though! We are blessed to have these 3. ❤️
    Aww, all my mom's kids were premies, and we are glad you and she survived and live to not only tell the tale, but celebrate! Give her a kiss for me, please!
    I've Been Frosted

Hi!

Sorry to hear about Popcorn passing, but happy to hear your family is growing! Take care of yourself.
    ~Kimmy, Chipper, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, June, Mei, Jasper, Esme, Lucy Inara, & Morla
    RIP my sweet Kia

Thanks Kfamr for the sig!

Hi! Yes I remember you. I've been popping in here often lately as well. Missed everyone.

PCB! Congratulations on the lovely lady#2. Bless her and you. Glad to hear you're both fine, thank God.
    Sad to hear about Popcorn
    Much love to you all.
    Going through the old and new posts and seeing so much change in everybody's lives, is making me get a leaky eye syndrome.